Focus DV6 - Battery Voltage Too High in FACM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus DV6 - Battery Voltage Too High in FACM
Hi guys,

So a few weeks ago I had a DPF code come up again, uh oh... Confused But it seems to have just been a one-off, a lot of town driving or slow arses causing failed regens I guess. So far it hasn't come up again but I'm checking weekly.

However I'm getting this recurring fault coming up with the FACM (fuel additive control module) of battery voltage too high. This was coming up before changing the DPF also but not as often. There is plenty of additive in the tank and it appears to be dosing correctly.

Any idea what can cause this? If the alternator was over-charging surely that would affect all modules, not just one!? Also I know the smart charge does charge over 14v if necessary, but urely they wouldn't allow it to overcharge to the point of damaging anything!!

[Image: IMAG4647_zpsqmx1baq3.jpg]

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Log the battery voltage if at all possible!

Only way you'll ever know... Don't necessarily look at the battery voltage, that might be reported due to another fault.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Focus DV6 Glowplug Circuit Issue! Toms306 33 7,565 21-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Odd Focus Issue... Toms306 9 2,890 29-08-2015, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Toms306