Yay - new job

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yay - new job
Finally gave up waiting for the situation at my current work place to improve.

Basically, I have witnessed first-hand what nepotism is.

I didn't know the meaning of that word 2 years ago, so for those of you who also don't know-
Nepotism - the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Basically - the MD employed his son at the same level as me, despite my 5+ years experience advantage (now 8 years in the industry). My natural path of progression to a management role had been intersected by a posh little twat fresh out of secondary school, with no interest in learning the industry or taking advice from anyone but his dad.

I put up with this for 2 years and was constantly unhappy, moaning etc. I posted something on PistonHeads and one person replied saying that I simply need to move on - because the younger family member(s) will always be favoured and it will only ever get worse.

So this January, going back into work immediately de-motivated I decided to do something about it. I updated my CV and started sending out the applications. I finally found a role and got my written job offer in the post today.

Absolutely can't wait.

So, anyone else in my situation - don't put up with it, vote with your feet. This company is destined for failure with the way it (isn't) being managed.

So the drinks would be on me (if I had any money). Oh, and the sad news is that the new role includes a company car, so the little 306 might finally be getting sold Sad
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
nice one CAR! but keep the 306 as a second weekend toy, everything in the north east is agency work at the min, and your looking at Nissan been the one to work for, but you do not get any life at all, as your constantly working! So no time for anything else. Plus they can just get shot of you there and then.
Thanks given by:
On a similar note family businesses are the worst to work for.
Currently working for one at the moment, it's had its moments but the last family firm was a nightmare. Rest assured when it goes tits up you're dog shit on the bottom of their shoe and first to go.
Thanks given by:
keep it as a second toy. Congrats for getting a better job and being happy...
Thanks given by:
I had this exactly a year ago, they realise how useful you are when you only have to work a weeks notice! lol

Glad to hear your progressing on! always strive to be the best you can be Smile told my boss earlier im gonna be sitting in his chair by the end of this year if he keeps looking at new motorbikes while he supposed to be working lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Congrats dude, good to hear you're bettering yourself! Good luck in your new position. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Congrats, don't let them run you ragged in the last couple of weeks either.

Doss about and leave them with a heap of work to do.
Thanks given by:
Whilst I agree with some sentiments here and understand your frustration.

Don't burn bridges!!

I may or may not have told my old HR manager to "get f*cked" (or words to similar effect) and walked out (they tried to claim I had to work 4 weeks notice, despite "extending my probation period" from 1 month to a year which whilst I was on, was on 1 weeks notice) which I'll admit I do regret, basically I can never ask for a reference as they just won't give me one.

But mega congratulations!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Well done mate for moving before you got pushed out or told em to do one.

On to bigger and better things Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
As said dont burn that bridge just yet in case this new place wants a reference etc
But well done on getting yourself into a better situation Smile
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Isn't it ALWAYS who you know over what you know? I don't believe you've only just realised that? Confused

Anyway, nice one getting a new job though, good luck with it! Smile
Thanks given by:
Well done

It's a nice feeling knowing that your moving on to better things!

My new job is going well, had a hell of alot to learn in my first few weeks but I'm getting there.

Got lots of training courses to attend over the next few months all of which will lead be on to earning more.

So far in March ive sold five new cars and one used , with a target of another three for the month which I shoujd achieve

I don't regret going from my nice safe salery job to a commission based one
Thanks given by:
Pleased for your buddy. Whilst I've never worked for a family business it's still who you know that gets you the job. I've been passed up for promotion so many times because it's always "jobs for the boys". So good for you for carving something better out for yourself.

Life is a game of capitalism. Never forget that. The numbers after the £ are your points
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Good effort mate well done.

I voted with my feet from my first job after my route to department head was interfered with by the sudden and inexplicable movement of one of the directors golden boys to my dept, despite having no knowledge in that field he was made principal engineer.

I quit, joined my current company 6 years ago and couldn't have been happier. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Cheers folks.

I think my company car is going to be a Mondeo Estate - so that won't fit on the driveway!

Just can't wait to get started now, these are going to be some long weeks before my leaving date.

If I need a reference I can always rely on my immediate boss- he appreciates exactly why I am leaving and even feels like his position is being undermined a little bit by the new boy.

The hilarious thing is that they expect to replace me with an apprentice fresh out of school. This will leave them outnumbered to those with industry experience! Good luck to them!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by: