best drill bits

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best drill bits
So how many of you lot re-sharpen your drill bits if you blunt them or snap the end off?
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2015, 06:52 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: So how many of you lot re-sharpen your drill bits if you blunt them or snap the end off?

I try every time. I will be honest though. Its hit or miss. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Don't seem to have the knack
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2015, 04:31 PM)Spoonaltap Wrote: What about high quality screwdriver bits? Everytime I try and put together something that needs screws put in I end up knackering the head.

You need quality screws for quality driver bits or they will muller the heads every time. Cheap screws are single use, quality ones can be reused. 
Had a couple of drill bit sharpeners but never got them dialled in right. One just ruined my grinding wheel and all my drill bits. May have been an element of operator error. 
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
There's a bit of a knack to it but it's not really that difficult imo, just needs an eye for the end result and a bit of practice. I've never even used a drill bit sharpener, just a bench grinder or even an angle grinder if stuck out on site and desperate.
I have found in the past that re-sharpened drills can actually be better than shop bought new ones, especially when you are using an electric hand drill.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drill bits Dum-Dum 20 2,716 30-03-2017, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Dave
  what drill to buy!!! bashbarnard 31 4,942 28-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough
  Drill bit/tap size for 3/8" bspt boost gauge tapping Paul_13 13 2,358 10-04-2015, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Paul_13