GTi-6 Knob - Brand New In Packet - £55

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi-6 Knob - Brand New In Packet - £55
Hi guys,

Got a brand new '6 leather gearknob inc silver insert still in original sealed packaging.

You can't buy these new anywhere now!!

£75 posted

Pics come out poor as reflected off packaging but I can get some if wanted.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Pics are so poor that no one can see them! lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I didn't post them as they didn't come out I meant. Tongue Its just plastic glare lol, I can stick them up if required though.
Thanks given by:
£75 OMG! think id fit a pool ball

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Each to their own lol, originality ftw!

I realise its expensive, but you won't find them anywhere else, will go on ebay if everyones too tight on here. lol
Thanks given by:
£75!?!? godddamn, is this what they go for?! i've got a tonne of these new, collection almost!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I was going to buy these with tom but in the end I didnt so tom bought them both. As far as we could tell these were the last brand new ones left.
Thanks given by:
Yup, moment of madness, impulse buy.
Thanks given by:
£75?? . . . ..since when did Tom start Trolling?, i've bought cars for not much more . . Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Tom how much of a profit are you making on this?!?! You would NOT have paid that much if I know you as well as I think I do lol.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2015, 11:48 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Tom how much of a profit are you making on this?!?! You would NOT have paid that much if I know you as well as I think I do lol.

As said, it was a moment of madness and, with hindsight, a major fail. Sad

There is a very small amount of buffer in the price as everyone expects something off but that's it.
Thanks given by:
So, gonna have to take a hit on these. Are there any reasonable offers on here? Sad
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2015, 10:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: So, gonna have to take a hit on these. Are there any reasonable offers on here? Sad
Did you try eBay?
Thanks given by:
Yeah they've been on there for 3 weeks... Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Tried the gti forum?? They go mad for oe parts you cant get any where lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Tom message me tomorrow to remind me and ill stick the add on the 6 forum. Pretty sure they will go on there Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
They're just as tight over there lol. I haven't got paid membership over there though so I can't.

Niall you're welcome to if you want, I won't hold my breath though lol.
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2015, 09:19 AM)Toms306 Wrote: They're just as tight over there lol.

I don't think 'being tight' has anything to do with it. £75 for a gearknob is a bit ridiculous for a car worth a few hundred
Thanks given by:
The type of cars where the owner wants a brand new OE knob aren't going to be the few hundred quid shitters lol. You have to pay 40 posted for a used one when they do occasionally pop up.
Thanks given by:
Guys can we stop flaming the thread. Tom bought two and I suggested I may have one but then never needed it hence Tom is left with one. This is essentially what he paid for what we believe to be the last or at least some of the last brand new OEM gear knobs available. You cant get them from peugeot any more and even when you could they werent much cheaper than this. For anyone who is restoring a gti6 and wants a genuine car as it came out of the factory this is what you want. For you guys who essentially want something that isnt ripped then this isnt for you.

Comments of "£75 for a gearknob is a bit ridiculous for a car worth a few hundred" doesnt help. If you wanted genuine working air con then youd probably be paying more than the cost of the car to have it working... but shelling out the money is the only way to get a new working system. Just because the car is cheap doesnt mean all the parts reduce in price in the same way.
Thanks given by:
Knob*** Giggidy Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(26-03-2015, 12:27 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Guys can we stop flaming the thread. Tom bought two and I suggested I may have one but then never needed it hence Tom is left with one. This is essentially what he paid for what we believe to be the last or at least some of the last brand new OEM gear knobs available. You cant get them from peugeot any more and even when you could they werent much cheaper than this. For anyone who is restoring a gti6 and wants a genuine car as it came out of the factory this is what you want. For you guys who essentially want something that isnt ripped then this isnt for you.

Comments of "£75 for a gearknob is a bit ridiculous for a car worth a few hundred" doesnt help. If you wanted genuine working air con then youd probably be paying more than the cost of the car to have it working... but shelling out the money is the only way to get a new working system. Just because the car is cheap doesnt mean all the parts reduce in price in the same way.

That's fair enough. My point was that just because people don't want to spend £75 on a gearknob, doesn't mean it's because "everyone's too tight". 
Thanks given by:
fair enough. Lets let any prospective buyer get on and buy it. If it kicks off on here then ill clean it up.
Thanks given by:
If you don't want to buy a gearknob for £75.00 then dont post in this thread.

306's are getting older, parts are getting rarer...welcome to the world where in the future, prices for seemingly "every day" items start to go up....esp when they are brand new genuine parts...

If you dont want a new one, just spent tenner on a semi good used one on ebay!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Will this fit the HDi? that little '6 adds 30bhp AT THE WHEELS!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2015, 01:10 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: If you dont want a new one, just spend tenner on a semi good used one on ebay!

Glad someone understands how it works. lol Won't find one for a tenner for a '6 even used though, one guy that was interested in this eventually found a used one for £40 posted to put some perspective on this. They're not like the common 5 speed that you could pick up for £10-£20 used any day.

(26-03-2015, 06:28 PM)toseland Wrote: Will this fit the HDi?   that little '6 adds 30bhp AT THE WHEELS!

Yep....but only if you fit a 6 speed 'box with lift reverse. Wink Which the HDi does need afterall...
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2015, 06:28 PM)toseland Wrote: Will this fit the HDi?   that little '6 adds 30bhp AT THE WHEELS!

I would have thought it'd fit, just bare in mind it won't actually add that 6th gear though...so don't try putting it in that gear while driving! lmao
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I paid £5 for my mint condition 6 knob....only because Dum was selling the remains of his old bianca though lol

Guys, to echo what others have said, if you're not interested, don't post. Its quite simple really.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
£55 anyone? Will be dropping ebay price later today, just wanted to give you guys first chance.
Thanks given by:
Any interest? Going to the PO tomorrow...
Thanks given by: