Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
(24-01-2017, 05:28 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Can you get away with a small pre-injection to get some fuel in early before the main injection/combustion event, or are you running too much pressure to get away with it without pre-ignition?

Pre injection is more for noise, reduces the jump in injection pressure when the main injection happens. Increasing this will more than likely have next to no gain when you consider effect on propulsion and the potential risks regarding the reduction in mechanical and thermal efficiency.. Pretty sure Darren runs a pilot on this, which won't be at high rpms anyway, which is where he has 'issues'... Not to mention you probably won't have enough timing to fit a pilot in considering the amount of work needed to be done in such a small window.

Bottom line he needs bigger nozzles, as he and Ruan have said.. I'm probably 100% wrong and I'm sure one of them will be along soon to confirm   Nospeak

I have so much respect for you Darren and Ruan... This is perfect in every way, and the way it's been executed is mind blowing. Watching this with more anticipation than ever lately!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build - by Pugmarshall - 24-01-2017, 08:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,457 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave