Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
(12-10-2016, 07:24 PM)bixigu Wrote:
(12-10-2016, 07:09 PM)welshpug Wrote: Darren is driving the hp pump from the aux crank pulley not the timing belt.

yes, i have seen, but with same 2/1 ratio?
it's important detail.

I have made some tests with cp1 pump ,with blocked regulator (no regulator on pump), and using the rail regulator makes all perfectly. (Using audi regulator)
Darren, how you make fuel regulation with this cp3 pump? What ratio have pump pulley?

In stock configuration the pump spins at half engine rpm, due to running from a small crank pulley on the cam belt... Increasing its speed with a smaller pulley will increase its output somewhat, although there is a limit to how fast you can spin the pump before you have other problems...

The pump I am using here is a CP3/110......a pump of nearly double the capacity, I have never played with a big pump like this before on a small engine, so am predicting problems regulating pressure at low engine demand, hence the large pulley (although I should point out, pump will still be spinning 1/2 as fast on top of stock due to much larger aux pulley remember!) So I have designed it all around a large pulley...that way, I can simply reduce the size of the pulley if I need to...without having to fabricate a new mount bracket, a new HP line, and have clearance problems with the car... Hopefully all the hard work is done now, and if I need to spin it faster, I can simple machine a pulley....

The CP3 is regulated on the inlet side, not the HP side, hence no reg on the rail, in theory I shouldnt need one, that said,one can be added if I do find I need it, but other stock CP3 / Twin CP3 applications manage just fine with stock regs... It is of much better design, rather than bleeding pumped fuel, to not pump it in the first place...less pumping losses..and less heat transferred from the pump into the fuel, which is only a good thing.

If that makes sence...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by: bixigu

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Compound Blown Derv Bus - Engines In! - by darrenjlobb - 12-10-2016, 08:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,454 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave