Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
Well yesterday was a fairly big day for the D Turbo, we are mid harvest at the moment having some weather related issues (along with major mechanical failures!) so have been plugging at this engine in between jobs a bit, and finally this weekend, I realised I had actually ran out of things to really do other than swing the motor into the car and see what needs clearance etc...

So Sunday morning once things were caught up in the yard, we pushed the DT outside (sadly someone fitted a dyno in the workshop making inside engine crane use a real farce!) jacked it up, and for the first time in years, we were about to hoist an engine into the thing...until...It rained...and rained......and rained some more...so after waiting around most of the day (did manage to have a good tidy up in the workshop mind and find half the bits I had lost for my car) the weather finally somewhat cleared!

D Turbo outside again:

[Image: DSC_1454.JPG]

[Image: DSC_1453.JPG]

Dont ask how much time, and money is hanging off the end of that over used and very tired engine crane!!:

[Image: DSC_1459.JPG]

After some fettling around, the engine was roughly in its position, ended up just having to clearance the top engine mount support bracket a bit to let the pump pulley fit and retaining nut, and also a slight tweak to the other side on the suspension strut.

[Image: DSC_1461.JPG]

Once that was sorted, bolted up the trans mount, top engine mount and bottom mount, took the crane away, leaving the car with an engine in it, which I must admit did feel good, has been a very long time coming for the little D Turbo!

Anyway soon after this the weather started closing in again, so a quick push back inside, and it now resides back over the pit with its new block in situ:

[Image: DSC_1467.JPG]

[Image: DSC_1468.JPG]

Investigated down the back of the motor and also discovered we had zero interference with the Satch shift setup, so fitted and adjusted the linkages for that, which gave me a fully working gear shift:

[Image: DSC_1466.JPG]

Got the bonnet mounted up to check for clearance, only real issues is the HP pump pulley sits to close for comfort on the bonnet support , so going to have to clearance that, and also one turbo rubs, so again will have to clearance, both in areas of support strutting on the bonnet so easy to remedy. 

I know its a fairly short / boring update, however I have been waiting for this moment for years! So fairly pleased with yesterdays progress!

Thanks for reading as always Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Compound Blown Derv Bus - Blowers Fitted! - by darrenjlobb - 22-08-2016, 07:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,457 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave