Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
(13-07-2015, 06:19 AM)Piggy Wrote: looking great fella.

you were still missed at Pugfest though

I really wanted to go, but with getting ready for harvest and other things going on I figured the time was better spent here, and was able to get some more done to this in between times! Really enjoyed it when I went a few years back, so hopefully next year in one car or another!

(13-07-2015, 06:58 AM)welshpug Wrote: it may look odd to you darren, but a good fwd car is always wider on the front than the back, look at Colin satchell and dean gammon's hillclimbers, 8.5 and 9" wide front wheels on wide track with arches to suit, and 7" wheels at the back on near standard track.

conversely, 911 turbo, big fat arse.

Good point I guess, I had also noticed this, I guess its more just that it looks a bit "odd" than anything, If its functional then I guess it dosnt matter really, could have got away with wider front wheels with the extra spacing to make room for some more rubber in the future, so something else to consider into the future.

(13-07-2015, 08:06 AM)Lwilliams Wrote: Would you mind taking a picture of the spring seating pan, and the spacer you have under the baker bm top mount? All assembled if poss darren... cheers!!

GOOD progress btw  ThumbsUp

I will take some photos tonight, I had to get some other bits and bobs to make it work, the inserts needed drilling and tapping to a larger size to fit the GAZ struts, and I also bought some new spring cups to hold the sprungs under the top mounts, as they differed in design from the stock top mount spring seats.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Compound Blown Derv Bus - 2015 Resurrection / New Build - by darrenjlobb - 13-07-2015, 08:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,455 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave