Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
OK time for another update, spent some more time on her this weekend!

So have been underneath the old bus digging off all the old underseal etc to reveal problems etc, as with everything in life, there all getting older now, and I must admit its starting to show a bit. Found quite a few issues underneath the thing:

[Image: DSC_00001.JPG]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

[Image: 8.jpg]

So set at it cutting out all the crap / cleaning it up and welding in plates etc:

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 11.jpg]

[Image: 12.jpg]

Then went at it with the por15 on all bare metal / joints etc:

[Image: 14.jpg]

[Image: 15.jpg]

[Image: 17.jpg]

Then gave all the inner archs a good few coats of stoneguard:

[Image: 19.jpg]

[Image: 20.jpg]

And then the underside for good measure:

[Image: 21.jpg]

Not a perfect job by any means, had hoped to spent a bit more time / cut a bit more out really at the front as still a few areas where it was fairly pitted etc, but the thing is never going to get rebuild if I spend to much longer over it, so have cut out the worse for now, and got it sorted for its next phase of life anyway!

Next job was to have a good going over the old beam, the beam fitted to the car was a GTI6 beam I bolted on when I bought the car back in the day, not much care / attention was really payed at the time other than getting it on, lowering it, and sorting the brakes (at the time). So its about time it was sorted a bit better, and before the bearings fail / mess it up, I had greased them all when it was apart before, so took it apart in hope the bearings were still good enough to have protected the shafts / tube etc, which turned out to be the case, which I was pleased about!

So beam on the floor:

[Image: DSC_0032.JPG]

And the parts to go right through, bearings, seals, bolts, washers and dust seals. All genuine.

[Image: DSC_0041.JPG]

First step was to rip the beam apart / get the old bearings out :

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 22.jpg]

And then give it all a bit of a clean up:

[Image: 23.jpg]

Followed by a quick paint up (Yes Peugeot Geeks its not the right OEM colour, tough luck!!):

[Image: 24.jpg]

[Image: 26.jpg]

Fitted new bearings to tube both sides:

[Image: 30.jpg]

And seals:

[Image: 32.jpg]

And all back together with solid mounts etc ready to fit to car, will grease and fit arms once on the car as not sure on height at the moment:

[Image: 37.jpg]

[Image: 38.jpg]

Gave fuel tank a clean up ready to re fit:

[Image: 39.jpg]

Dropped it all back on the car:
[Image: 40.jpg]

[Image: 42.jpg]

And there she awaits:

[Image: 44.jpg]
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Compound Blown Derv Bus - 2015 Resurrection / New Build - by darrenjlobb - 05-07-2015, 06:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,456 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave