Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
Thanks for the positive comments, It really is a home spray job though, so don't expect a showroom finish! I'm pleased with it though, its better than i ever expected I could do in the workshop, so pretty happy. I know that if i spent time wet sanding I could make it better, but its time I dont have / want to spent on the engine etc, so will have to do!

Regarding wheels, I've acaully had these for ages, but didn't post a photo, as I knew anyone that knew me at all would know as soon as they saw the wheels, what colour I would be painting the car heh..

Here they are when I was test fitting for rolling the archs....Worth noting though, these wheels are an ONGOING saga....They were done by bandedsteelwheels, and my only advice is to avoid the bloke with a barge pole, one of the most shocking services I have ever experienced in my life...to give you a rough idea of how useless these wheels are, 2 of them arnt round (one is so bad, if you spin it off the floor the tyre moves over 1cm up and down!!), one of the rears leaks air in a weld, and as for the paint job, well it had already started cracking on arrival, and 2 weeks later I washed them by hand, and took half the paint straight off a wheel (no prep at all) so all in all, a severe waste of my time and money, also worth noting, I bought the steels brand new, just to add insult to injury! However, Have just bought RD's old wheels, so fingers crossed I can make one good set out of the two, but biggest problem is different widths so will have to keep you updated on that, either way, here they are as they arrived before I was aware of all the problems to come !!

Also many thanks to Frosty for putting tyres on for me, although have since been replaced with PS3's after having them on my daily I knew i could never go back to t1r's!!

[Image: IMG_20131018_165016.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131018_184505.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131018_184540.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20131203_190951.jpg]

Thanks for reading Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Compound Blown Derv Bus - 2015 Resurrection / New Build - by darrenjlobb - 23-03-2015, 10:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,450 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave