Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
(01-03-2015, 09:57 AM)Choppin Wrote: Looking really good mate, nice to see the old girl having some love again!! Haha from what Iv seen your picking my trade up far to easy Wink haha

Heh dont worry, I have a lot to learn / have upmost respect for people who do bodywork. Its quite a skill to have, and 99% of people wouldn't have a clue just how difficult it is to make something look decent!

(01-03-2015, 11:12 AM)MarkHam Wrote: Looking well. Do you have any issues with rust around the sunroof area? That's where I ran into trouble!

Luckily not! No rust at all on this one bodywork wise, well anywhere that ive found yet anyway...

(01-03-2015, 01:18 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote:  As some have said dust in the surroundings is going to be your enemy. I helped a mate prep and paint a cavvy in a barn years ago and it was a nice job apart from the odd daggy bit lol. If you're spraying it where it is I'd definitely take a compressor and lance to the roof and all surroundings and leave it a while to settle before you sheet it out with plastic just to make sure.
 How old is your compressor you're going to use? Does it spit oil? I know what farmers are like with constantly resurrecting old kit Tongue

Surprisingly ( for a farmer) I have a fairly decent compressor, big 300L twin compressor clarke unit, with filter / water trap etc, and also have a fully air fed mask for painting, so that side of it is fairly sorted / ok...

(01-03-2015, 05:19 PM)procta Wrote: looking great there Darren!  are you keeping the car basic black?

Well I guess ill have to fill the gun with paint of some form, we shall see!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Compound Blown Derv Bus - 2015 Resurrection / New Build - by darrenjlobb - 01-03-2015, 06:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,458 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave