Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Adaptronic Managed Compound Blown Derv Bus Build
(25-02-2015, 11:08 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: Nice to see this being worked on again Smile Did you weld those holes you drilled before filling? They will show themselves again a few months after its painted if not :/

Its interesting you bring this up, I was very close to doing this, but then thought, given my level of noobness with bodywork, I'm likely to warp / make things worse attempting this and leaving it alone, in the end i put some fiberglass across the back side of the panel, and then filled the little pockets from the outside... No idea if it will be ok, I imagine at worse the filler might just shrink back leaving slight low spots? Either way its hopefully going to look alot better than the huge dents that were present before...Although im sure welding it would be the correct and also best thing to do...

(25-02-2015, 11:39 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Good start, to a good project are you sticking with black? As I rear its a hard colour to get right.

The color will become apparent soon....I think any colour is "hard to get right" when you are spraying at home, and you havent done it before, but I believe black is supposed to be one of the hardest...But being a farmer what are the chances of having a pot of black paint to hand...

(26-02-2015, 08:56 AM)silverzx Wrote: Am I the only one left thinking what's the plans engine wise?

Putting the 16v M-HDi back in but with custom head work? Same turbos, GT2256V and HX again?

Whatever happens I'm sure it'll be fun to follow! Smile

Heh I thought my dodgy bodywork had distracted people from the small issue that is the engine!  

I'm planning a fairly major revamp of the motor, Its fair to say, as well as it has served me over the years, It is time to say good bye to the VE...The primary will be updated to a GTB2260VK, likely keep the '35 for now unless a cheap large VNT/VGT becomes available at any point...The head will be getting some major attention, and the blower might be making a return... But more on this further into the build, for the time being im trying to "sort out" the car to a point its ready for an engine / dosnt look like a farmers car (although in fairness could easily make it far worse!)

(26-02-2015, 09:14 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Love that exhaust manifold, great to see some updates on this.

Thanks Tom!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: darrenjlobb's Compound Blown Derv Bus - 2015 Resurrection / New Build - by darrenjlobb - 26-02-2015, 09:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daves Compound Twin turbo XUD Dave 333 137,457 11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Dave