Bosch Pump - Numbered Guide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch Pump - Numbered Guide
Hey fellas, need a few pointers on the Bosch conversion as i've never seen either a Bosch or a Lucas running on an engine in any depth. Prizes awarded to those who correctly identify things and tell me what they plug into or where they go.

I've included my guesses, feel free to correct me where i'm wrong

[Image: DSCF1804.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1805.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1807.jpg]

Answered provided by darrenjlobb
1. Lucas fuel feed banjo, already connected to fuel line on car, Bosch banjo is on the pump
Just remove banjo and put pipe onto the bosch fuel inlet just next to that in the photo

2. Fuel run off line, connects to where?
Connect it to 13 in the other photo (return to tank) you may need a longer bit of leakoff pipe though...

3. Throttle cable arm, which of the two small holes should the cable connect to?
Connect to the one the bolt isnt in, and id slide the whole plastic thing in on the slot on the throttle arm towards the pump all the way.

4. Boost compensator, connects to T-piece on FMIC setup (and presumably the line my boost gauge plumbs into?
Correct

5. Throttle cable guide
Correct, when pump is at idle position, set clip so cable is just tight, but not taking any strain

Fuel out from filter (heading for pump inlet banjo on left side of pump underneath throttle arm)

7. Some kind of vacuum line, goes where?
This is your vacume pump, connect it to the brake master cylinder

This is an air bleed line for the coolant system, there should be a pipe kicking about somewhere in that area with a bleed hole in it that connects to there... same pipe goes to fitting behind pump on the head and also top of the rad / expansion tank

9. Another vacuum line, again goes where?
Normally vac feed for EGR etc...just bung it with a screw.

10. One way breather valve, goes to where on FMIC cars?
Oil breather, either connect back into the air intake (pre turbo) or to a catch tank etc

LDA breather / vent, nothing connects here, just so pressure can equalize under the diaphram

Pump fuel return feed, returns fuel to tank via the other fuel line.

As already said, connects to injector leak off pipes.

14. Stop solenoid? Needs ignition live and earth connected to plug at lower part of pump?
Only needs ignition live, its just a single wire on top the solenoid, god knows why pug routed two cables... The solenoid earths itself to the pump / engine

Hope that helps Smile

Also, how the feck does the inlet pipework get routed? The turbo seems to point straight at the runners on the manifold, the turbo's not been clocked as the oil lines matched up with the block properly. Do people use 180degree bends to bring it back to the N/S of the engine bay?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
1. Fule return pipe
2. Fuel run off line, connects to where? Connects to No 13
3. Throttle cable arm, which of the two small holes should the cable connect to? what ever one fits
4. Boost compensator, connects to T-piece on FMIC setup (and presumably the line my boost gauge plumbs into?
5. Throttle cable guide
6. Fuel feed to pump
7. Some kind of vacuum line, goes where? goes to the master cylinder,
8.water pipe goes to the block and bottom of the expantion tank
10. One way breather valve, goes to where on FMIC cars? connects to intake pipe after air filter
11. Lda breather
12. Return to tank
13. connects to No2
14. Stop solenoid? Needs ignition live and earth connected to plug at lower part of pump? Needs only switched live
Thanks given by:
1. Lucas fuel feed banjo, already connected to fuel line on car, Bosch banjo is on the pump
Just remove banjo and put pipe onto the bosch fuel inlet just next to that in the photo

2. Fuel run off line, connects to where?
Connect it to 13 in the other photo (return to tank) you may need a longer bit of leakoff pipe though...

3. Throttle cable arm, which of the two small holes should the cable connect to?
Connect to the one the bolt isnt in, and id slide the whole plastic thing in on the slot on the throttle arm towards the pump all the way.

Correct

5. Throttle cable guide
Correct, when pump is at idle position, set clip so cable is just tight, but not taking any strain

Fuel out from filter (heading for pump inlet banjo on left side of pump underneath throttle arm)

7. Some kind of vacuum line, goes where?
This is your vacume pump, connect it to the brake master cylinder

This is an air bleed line for the coolant system, there should be a pipe kicking about somewhere in that area with a bleed hole in it that connects to there... same pipe goes to fitting behind pump on the head and also top of the rad / expansion tank

Normally vac feed for EGR etc...just bung it with a screw.

10. One way breather valve, goes to where on FMIC cars?
Oil breather, either connect back into the air intake (pre turbo) or to a catch tank etc

LDA breather / vent, nothing connects here, just so pressure can equalize under the diaphram

Pump fuel return feed, returns fuel to tank via the other fuel line.

As already said, connects to injector leak off pipes.

14. Stop solenoid? Needs ignition live and earth connected to plug at lower part of pump?
Only needs ignition live, its just a single wire on top the solenoid, god knows why pug routed two cables... The solenoid earths itself to the pump / engine

Hope that helps Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Good lad Darren, as in depth as I needed! Cheers Daniel too but Darren trumps you lmao
Thanks given by:
One thing though Darren, why is there a fuel line feeding the banjo from the fuel tank with a line from the fuel filter going to the same place?
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:One thing though Darren, why is there a fuel line feeding the banjo from the fuel tank with a line from the fuel filter going to the same place?

Not sure I quite follow, but looking at the pics, the cross pipe might be missing..

From where the pipes come up the chassis leg on the left, one should come up to grenade primer, than across the engine into the bottom back of the filter housing (you can see pipe stud in pic) then out top of filter housing to the pump....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
[Image: DSCF1803.jpg]

See here, the Lucas banjo is attached to the hose but it's from the fuel tank, not the filter housing. Fitting it to the Bosch banjo will feed the pump without going to the filter will it not?
Thanks given by:
Indeed, sounds like its been running with no filter, that hose needs to go to the connection on the rear of the filter housing, then out top of filter housing into pump, should be a priming grenade on the pipe between fuel line / filter also?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Nope, was told I needed a grenade for it, which I have, but didn't take any lines with it from the scrappy. Off there tomorrow. So I need the grenade pipes to the filter housing and the pipe from the housing to the pump, to attach to the banjo? There seems to be two pipes to the rear of the car, one's been cut

Pump wise, all I need is the cold start cable and injectors from the looks of things, right?
Thanks given by:
You need both fuel lines, as one is the return as I just said, and yes, get the pipe that feeds grenade, then the one from grenade to filter, and the one from filter to pump, altho ideally needs to be a bosch one... as pipes are different lengths...

Dont worry about cold start cable to much, makes no odds...but yeh get injectors
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Sweet, that should be the engine sorted then. Semi-ECU's are same pipes and injectors aye? Just the pump is a silly one?
Thanks given by:
Also what ID are the relevant pipes if I were to, y'know, get tarty ones?
Thanks given by:
Why is this in the petrol engine section lol.... :think:
Thanks given by:
It isn't, it's in the xud section?
Thanks given by:
It was in the XU section last night
Thanks given by:
Someone moved it lol. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Must have been in the right place originally, Darren would have no reason to be in the petrol section!
Thanks given by:
thats gave me more of an idea seing it in pics labbled,thanks.
Thanks given by:
It's not moved at all Tom, you're just going mad.
Thanks given by:
April may june july august september november. Wows.

Anyway, this thread must stay at the top! Doing my conversion soon!
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 10:41 AM)RePT Wrote: April may june july august september november. Wows.

This. Any chance of making it a sticky? Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
dont forget Dan!'s info here: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-145.html useful to this thread all round
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Ive been consulting that guide quite a bit as well tbf Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 10:41 AM)RePT Wrote: April may june july august september november. Wows.

Erm... you missed October?!
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 07:39 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote:

lmao
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 07:42 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(14-11-2012, 07:39 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote:

lmao

Hahaha well spotted! I didnt realise :p
Thanks given by:
Edited the OP with Darren's answers and moved to the 'Guides' section.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide: Easy to watch video on increasing fuel on the bosch pump sammyb303 7 3,554 03-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Pug0BZ3011
  BOSCH VE GUIDES - 11mm Hybrid Bosch Pump + Gov Mod londondan86 20 34,658 01-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Last Post: eskimogod
  BOSCH PUMP VE GUIDES - Gov-mod. Dan! 34 37,221 20-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Last Post: 205steve