Black GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black GTi6
procta Wrote:shes coming on great! shame about not having the time to phase 1 her.

Thanks buddy Smile

Ive done it once on the old PH2 DTurbo ..... I may do it again, lol. May well happen Smile

I cant stand the monster truck stance at the moment though so badly needs addressing haha
Thanks given by:
get the stance then start the facelift.
are you planning on pushing for big power?
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:get the stance then start the facelift.
are you planning on pushing for big power?

I will be running PT81 cams and having it remapped soon so from that Im hoiping for about 190bhp from what I have researched.

Then I will be going for throttle bodies eventually and hoping to run around 210/220bhp.

Not huge power but enough to keep me happy for a while.

After all thats done I might get a spare engine and go a little more exrteme and go for something around 250bhp but without using a supercharger Smile
Thanks given by:
Small Update:

Got bored and the weather was nice so did a little something to the car ..... Fitted my new leather steering wheel Smile

Heres the old battered and cracked one
[Image: 20120521_201800.jpg]

Close up of poor condition
[Image: 20120521_201811.jpg]

Was expecting a big feck off nut so was happy to find only a T50 bolt Smile
[Image: 20120521_202844.jpg]

Then to the much nicer wheel
[Image: 20120521_204401.jpg]

A close up to show how much better condition it is in
[Image: 20120521_204412.jpg]

Big thanks to Raz (PBoost/GTI6) for the wheel Smile

Springs also arrived today so I will be building these up off the car and pending good weather will be fitting during the week if not then it will be weekend Smile

Luke
Thanks given by:
Complete black ph1 in the scrapyard mate, now you have no excuses Smile Smile
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Love the black 306's

Looking sweet bud

Keep at it
Thanks given by:
td_dan Wrote:Complete black ph1 in the scrapyard mate, now you have no excuses Smile Smile

Just rebuilding my suspension at moment but might have a look see and just collect some more parts, lol.

HandyPandy Wrote:Love the black 306's

Looking sweet bud

Keep at it

Thanks buddy Smile Still more work to be done but its nice that people liek what I'm doing
Thanks given by:
td_dan Wrote:Complete black ph1 in the scrapyard mate, now you have no excuses Smile Smile

That sounds like a plan dan lets ph1 it while he,s sleeping
Thanks given by:
Lol
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
GTI 6 Wrote:

That sounds like a plan dan lets ph1 it while he,s sleeping

td_dan Wrote:Lol

Please lads it will save me some time Smile
Thanks given by:
Update:

Wel over last couple of sunny days I have finally had my parts through for the suspension so on Wednesday night got the struts all built up for a bolt on bolt off Smile

[Image: 20120522_193948.jpg]

Had to pay a visit to Raz (Pboost/GTI 6) as I had lost the washers for the struts, just my luck but Raz being a huge help had a few spares struts which he let me rip apart Smile so all was good again. Got back home last night from work at 5 had a rest then decided sod it lets crack on with this so stripped it down and got working. All went fine on the one side but on the drivers side the droplink boly wouldnt come out, after 30 mins of trying and no success but stripping off the grip on a set of mole grips, breaking a T30 bit as the nut was so seized I had to admit defeat and ask for help .....Raaaaaaaz can you help me but we need an angle grinder Smile 30 mins later Raz get there and bolt is gone Smile Put in the new droplink and bob your uncles all done, wheels on and top up with gearbox oil ...... I hate driveshafts! lol!

Was dark when I finished so just a quick pick when I go to work to show you and more tonight when the rear has been lowered

[Image: 20120525_084331.jpg]

Sits just right on the front, get the back down about 30/40mm and it will look perfect

Thanks for looking
Luke
Thanks given by:
Update:
Have been a bit busy this week so not been able to update till now. Got the whole car lowered and looks tonnes better Smile 50mm on front and 40mm on rear

Pics to do the talking .......
[Image: 20120601_081931.jpg]

[Image: 20120601_081913.jpg]

Looks a million times better I think personally.

More updates to come soon
Thanks given by:
Looking good luke! A black ph1 6' on nimrods would look epic... Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
car looks awesome would love a ph3 GTI6. what size of tyres out running on the nimrods? they scrape when loaded?
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2012, 07:47 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Looking good luke! A black ph1 6' on nimrods would look epic... Tongue

Thanks buddy I might go down that route Wink lol

(08-06-2012, 08:53 AM)kazzy_306 Wrote: car looks awesome would love a ph3 GTI6. what size of tyres out running on the nimrods? they scrape when loaded?

Im running 205/45/16. If no spacers rhey rub on insides with spacers they are ok Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black GTi6 306gtiparts 53 16,248 22-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Last Post: 306gtiparts
  1998 Black GTI6 - Essex Silky 16 4,490 03-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Last Post: 306gtiparts