Newbie Here!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Here!
Hello!
I recently purchased my first ever car, yes I'm 17, I went for a 2001 306 Meridian 1.4 in Blue/Silver (I'm sure I'll be corrected on the colour). Over the past week whilst finding a few issues with the car I have been browsing the forum for solutions, and upon finding it helpful I've come to register myself, so here's a photo of her! (View Via Link...couldn't get the file upload to work) http://s15.postimg.org/vzxrig9fv/Colour_Select_Edit.jpg
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

My first was a 1998 1.4 lx in green .   Great little cars .

Its looks in great condition . Any Plans ?
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 10:05 PM)Herby7 Wrote: Welcome Smile

My first was a 1998 1.4 lx in green .   Great little cars .

Its looks in great condition . Any Plans ?

I've always had a thing for the 306, little did I know I'd end up buying one! and well she's done 125k miles so she's had a new head gasket, four new tyres, and I'm currently having to replace a few of the dash bulbs..mainly the two within the Clock/Temp. Sadly until I pass my test she's only gonna be taken out every weekend or so when I go out for some lessons. I hope to get her to an almost "factory new" state and then possibly upgrade to some 306 alloys..as currently she's on plastic hubs..not nice! Sad
Thanks given by:
I did that with mine tried to make it to factory state with alloys . It got to expensive in the end when it needed the door looms done etc. Mine had only done 52k when i got it .  heres my old one  http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=11489
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 10:21 PM)Herby7 Wrote: I did that with mine tried to make it to factory state with alloys . It got to expensive in the end when it needed the door looms done etc. Mine had only done 52k when i got it .  heres my old one  http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=11489

To be quite honest from giving her the once over the only real issues I'm having is that their may be an issue within the rear suspension (strange knocking on the odd occasion) and then a few dash bulbs had gone, a small tear on the drivers seat, front bumper has a small split could possibly be stuck back together, but other than that she's in almost new condition, I'll get some more exterior and interior shots tomorrow to see what you think, but overall I think I can easily get her looking good! Sleepy
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2015, 11:11 PM)7057sam Wrote: Hello and welcome along

Greetings!
Thanks given by:
sounds like u got a good one there
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club. Not much to do with that! Cyclones are the gti alloys which are the ones you want for a standard looking 306! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 03:52 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Welcome to the club. Not much to do with that! Cyclones are the gti alloys which are the ones you want for a standard looking 306! Big Grin
Any ideas where I can pick some up? thinking the standard silver will look best!
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 05:33 PM)TheMootyhaka Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 03:52 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Welcome to the club. Not much to do with that! Cyclones are the gti alloys which are the ones you want for a standard looking 306! Big Grin
Any ideas where I can pick some up? thinking the standard silver will look best!

Ebay or on here . Also try your local scrap yard
Thanks given by:
Gumtree for the best local bargain wheels usually
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, I've been surfing around both eBay and Gumtree, quite a few on there, what sort of price would you say was decent for a set of four rims?..because I'm currently also paying for my driving lessons..
Thanks given by:
Welcome, I'm relatively new here and they seem like an alright crowd Smile

I've seen cyclones go recently for about £100
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome, looks and sounds like you have a decent 306 there Wink great first car choice Wink yep I'd suggest gumtree for wheels, sometimes get a bargain on ebay but they are few and far between Sad
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2015, 04:38 PM)todd1983 Wrote: Welcome, I'm relatively new here and they seem like an alright crowd Smile

I've seen cyclones go recently for about £100

I was thinking £100 for a set of four would be about right, sadly she's just had a set of new tyres so it looks like I@ll be waiting for these to go before I swap out the rims *sigh*

(12-02-2015, 04:52 PM)Bassman85 Wrote: Hi and welcome, looks and sounds like you have a decent 306 there Wink great first car choice Wink yep I'd suggest gumtree for wheels, sometimes get a bargain on ebay but they are few and far between Sad

I'm quite suprised actually, for the price I payed..I got a real bargain, I expected everyone on here to have completely OCD perfect examples..and mine to be at the bottom of the ladder! ahah, I've found a few on Gumtree..so hopefully when it comes around to getting some they'll be a few left out there!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club my first 306 was a ph3 1.4 lx it had a lovely flaked grey paint job wich to be honest looked more like black with 60k on clock sadly the gear box failed twice and I had to give it up it was a shame because it was only 7 months old when I got it but yeah great choice on first car love the colour too
Old enough to know better
Young enough to do it anyway

wishes he had started a rescue project thread
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Smile Whereabouts in shropshire are you?

Also i work for a breakers yard fairly local (live in knighton - powys) so if your ever stuck for a hand with the car or parts i usually have a decent stock of 306 bits (including some cyclones Wink )
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2015, 08:19 PM)sb194114 Wrote: Welcome to the club my first 306 was a ph3 1.4 lx it had a lovely flaked grey paint job wich to be honest looked more like black with 60k on clock sadly the gear box failed twice and I had to give it up it was a shame because it was only 7 months old when I got it but yeah great choice on first car love the colour too

Cheers man, all I can say is that at least you had a 306 as a first!..you'd be surprised..I've had numerous people stop and look at the car, it's nothing special either! aha

(14-02-2015, 08:22 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Hello and welcome Smile Whereabouts in shropshire are you?

Also i work for a breakers yard fairly local (live in knighton - powys) so if your ever stuck for a hand with the car or parts i usually have a decent stock of 306 bits (including some cyclones Wink )

I'm just up past Craven Arms, I know Knighton well! travel through there on route to Wales a lot! Yes I had a gander around Google and found that yard..I might have to stop by it sometime, although sadly since I have four new tyres fitted to the current rims..I can't warrant buying anymore aha! Wink
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 10:55 AM)TheMootyhaka Wrote:
(13-02-2015, 08:19 PM)sb194114 Wrote: Welcome to the club my first 306 was a ph3 1.4 lx it had a lovely flaked grey paint job wich to be honest looked more like black with 60k on clock sadly the gear box failed twice and I had to give it up it was a shame because it was only 7 months old when I got it but yeah great choice on first car love the colour too

Cheers man, all I can say is that at least you had a 306 as a first!..you'd be surprised..I've had numerous people stop and look at the car, it's nothing special either! aha

(14-02-2015, 08:22 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Hello and welcome Smile Whereabouts in shropshire are you?

I'm just up past Craven Arms, I know Knighton well! travel through there on route to Wales a lot! Yes I had a gander around Google and found that yard..I might have to stop by it sometime, although sadly since I have four new tyres fitted to the current rims..I can't warrant buying anymore aha! Wink

Your thinking of peugeot breakers at five turnings in knighton Wink , I work for Autobreakers in Hereford Tongue

Your little 306 looks exactly like my HDi, (X reg, moonstone, meridian & 5 door) Next time your heading knighton way give me a shout Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 11:02 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

Your thinking of peugeot breakers at five turnings in knighton Wink , I work for Autobreakers in Hereford Tongue

Your little 306 looks exactly like my HDi, (X reg, moonstone, meridian & 5 door) Next time your heading knighton way give me a shout Smile

I am indeed! (at least if there's only one I am) I have yet to get myself a job..still a college lad, it may be some time sadly..since I haven't even received my provisional yet..but when I do I'm sure you'll see my little Moonstone 306 all over the place..got big plans once I have my license! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 11:08 AM)TheMootyhaka Wrote:

I am indeed! (at least if there's only one I am) I have yet to get myself a job..still a college lad, it may be some time sadly..since I haven't even received my provisional yet..but when I do I'm sure you'll see my little Moonstone 306 all over the place..got big plans once I have my license! Big Grin

In my experience it is best to get the car 110% before you start using it to try and make it as reliable as possible lol

Get yourself qualified and out in the working world Big Grin what you studying? sensible getting a nice little car ready for when you pass Smile  just dont spend money on modifying a car that could be used to get your licence! lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2015, 11:15 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(14-02-2015, 11:08 AM)TheMootyhaka Wrote:

In my experience it is best to get the car 110% before you start using it to try and make it as reliable as possible lol

Get yourself qualified and out in the working world Big Grin what you studying? sensible getting a nice little car ready for when you pass Smile  just dont spend money on modifying a car that could be used to get your licence! lol

Basically I'm planning to get as close to factory new as possible, next job is to look over the whole car check for issues and sort them out, then engine bay cleaning, rocker cover respray..etc you know the drill! Wink

I'm almost at the end of my first year studying AS Photography, ICT and Media, I've had one lesson in an alternate car, and have yet to stall any car I've driven..so I'm hoping to Thrash my Theory soon..then take the Test asap..I need to get on the road..then I can get a decent job!..more than likely a Music Shop..or Garage aha
Thanks given by: