track/road set up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
track/road set up
I am looking for advice or a decent list off parts.

Av got a ph2 gti6 all standard at the moment as it's a road going track car wanting it set up well dont mind if it's hard on the road won't be used everyday.

What's people's opinion on choices without breaking the bank
cheers grant
Thanks given by:
leave it as std
change the brake fluid for new and fit some good tyres and go and enjoy it

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Get racelands coilovers very (cheap new) mine where ok on my rallye,very hard will take some of the body roll out of it then as cully says fluid and tryes.

You'll soon find though being on track what you want more of or less of then you can start getting bits,to suit how you drive it.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Don't buy cheap crap coilovers, solid mount everything or drop it so low you need to chop the bump stops to get rear travel.

Tyres and brake pads first
Rear beam needs to be in good nick, including the mounts (good oe rubber I think is better, others disagree)
Figure out your budget and buy the best stuff you can, especially dampers. It's all about balance and good damping
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
yeh its not difficult to get a decent setup...

Bilstein B8s with eibach springs. If you want Coilovers then AVOs are a good middle of the range option.
Decent Rear beam - fit bigger torsion bars if youve got the money.
Decent pads and brake fluid - gti6 brakes are good enough.

Not a bad setup once youve done that... Then youre looking at bucket seats and stripping. And then focus on engine work etc.
Thanks given by:
Just remember you set these cars up from the rear suspension
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
I've been looking into spax rsx coilover kit but I agree with basics first the fluids been changed and the brakes are really sharp. Other question is wheels I'm planning 15" td I know it's the most common but that's cause there the best priced and light as hel.
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2015, 04:28 PM)grantpipe Wrote: I've been looking into spax rsx coilover kit but I agree with basics first the fluids been changed and the brakes are really sharp. Other question is wheels I'm planning 15" td I know it's the most common but that's cause there the best priced and light as hel.

Better with a set of B8s than Spax coilovers. The B8s will be better than any coilover in the same price range.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Tyres and brakes.

Everyone seems to do these last.

Do them first!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah billies seem to be the choice for peugeots
any ideas on best place to price them up or that

As for tires and brakes will be getting some nankang ns2r brakes have just been done the gti6 brakes are already excellent with decent parts.
Thanks given by:
Adam speaks allot of sense, you need at the most

Decent Rear Beam and mounts,
Brakes, all round inc Fluid
Dampers, Bilstein or OE again
Could go with a LSD

You will get more out of having some instruction than bolting on £4000.00 of mods all day long
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by: adam b
(02-02-2015, 11:10 PM)miles Wrote: Adam speaks allot of sense

Hey, check it out! Blush
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
It had to happen one day!
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  recomended tyres for road/track cully 33 8,108 21-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: jamiek_uk2000
  spring options for road rally / track day Xsara budd 10 2,861 15-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Last Post: budd