Tyres....yes another one!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyres....yes another one!
Just got me 4 of them bad boys
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:And why would these tires have to take masses of torque'zzz if they are going on the back Tom?

They're going on the front as I said above lol...... :?
Thanks given by:
Just read your 1st post tbh, couldn't be arsed to read through multiples of my golf is the shizzle got more torques than any thing blah blah blah
Thanks given by:
^^ lmao
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Just read your 1st post tbh, couldn't be arsed to read through multiples of my golf is the shizzle got more torques than any thing blah blah blah

Eds clearly hacked into jonnys account...... lol

And where did I say that? lol I'm not saying that till I can prove it. Tongue Well if the DMF doesn't explode first anyway. lmao
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Jonny b Wrote:Just read your 1st post tbh, couldn't be arsed to read through multiples of my golf is the shizzle got more torques than any thing blah blah blah

Eds clearly hacked into jonnys account...... lol

And where did I say that? lol I'm not saying that till I can prove it. Tongue Well if the DMF doesn't explode first anyway. lmao

No need, I can edit his posts instead ninja
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Hi guys,

I know theres plenty of tyre threads...but I really don't know what to go for on the golf. Need 2 new ones to replace the crap on the rears

They're 205/55/16 V btw, will have to take a lot of torque ninja

Cheers
Tom

Lots of tourque and on the rear
Thanks given by:
The rears are the knackered tyres.....but I'll swap the good ones onto the back and use the new ones on the front.....I've already written this once! lol
Thanks given by:
If your not worried about then lasting T1Rs get my vote allday long. I love them and wouldnt have anything els in the same price rang

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
puglove Wrote:If your not worried about then lasting T1Rs get my vote allday long. I love them and wouldnt have anything els in the same price rang

But he is worried about them mate, he wants the longestest lasting ones which also have the mostest grip and cost the leastest... :roll:

Also, have you tried spec2s? I had t1rs on the 6 when I bought it and I swore by them, but spec2s are even better believe me! And they look PHIT Tongue and they're cheaper than t1rs. They don't last as long though if you use em properly lol
Thanks given by:
Had spec 2s before and i thought they were pretty much the same. But i cant get them for £31 delivered so T1Rs all the way. And when you kill them as quick as i do that makes enough difference to take T1Rs over spec2s

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I had T1Rs on the 306, infact I've still got a set on the 'clones waiting till I buy a '6........but they weren't anywhere near as good as I was expecting, even on a slow 1.8! Sad

Oh and I am worried about them lasting lol.....
Thanks given by:
Just another quick question guys.......how much should I be paying for fitting, balance and tracking to go with those tyres?

The tyres are £68 each on ATS website (£3 more than camskill when you add postage) - but add fitting/balance and tracking and it comes to £190 all in. That seems a lot to me, but has it gone up since I had my last set fitted over a year ago??

If I bought the camskill ones I would get them fitted at ATS btw....as the guy used to do them for a fiver each (cash) and alignment for £30.......don't think that guys still there though. :?
Thanks given by:
If cash then about a fiver is about right, maybe a little more though. Alignment is also about £30. It's probably reasonable to expect to pay £10 per corner for new valves, fitting and balancing, though.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Just another quick question guys.......how much should I be paying for fitting, balance and tracking to go with those tyres?

The tyres are £68 each on ATS website (£3 more than camskill when you add postage) - but add fitting/balance and tracking and it comes to £190 all in. That seems a lot to me, but has it gone up since I had my last set fitted over a year ago??

£190 all in for 4 new tyres fitted? A lot?

Get your head out the clouds mate... Thats reasonable depending on the tyre obviously Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Just another quick question guys.......how much should I be paying for fitting, balance and tracking to go with those tyres?

£190 all in for 4 new tyres fitted? A lot?

Get your head out the clouds mate... Thats reasonable depending on the tyre obviously Wink

2 tyres!! If theyre £68 each how do you think 4 inc fitting would only be £190? lol Tongue

It seems a lot compared to the proxes I had on the 'clones......£55 each, plus a fiver each for fitting, and £30 for a balance......£150 all in for those....
Thanks given by:
I paid £230 fitted and balance for my Spec II's (4 of them) if you want a guide price.

As stated above, i CBA to read through all the previous posts, so just assumed you wanted 4. My boo.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
is the 68 inc of vat? if not then with fitting, getting rid of old tyres new valves etc probably about right
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:is the 68 inc of vat? if not then with fitting, getting rid of old tyres new valves etc probably about right

Yeah £68 does include VAT.
Thanks given by:
thats not bad really Tom, its pretty much £10 each for fitting and then £30 for tracking which IMO is about right Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Hmm fair enough, I'll go for them after the DMFs sorted then. Smile A tenner short of £200....maybe I'll spend that tenner on scratchcards and hope to win some of the money back..... lol
Thanks given by: