Accelerator pedal position

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accelerator pedal position
Having just got my old hdi back, i realised how closer the pedal feels compared to the last hdi i had. Could there be any explanation? 
Thanks given by:
probably just been adjusted up, or your old one had a worn / stretched cable
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Are all the pedals adjustable? I'd love to move mine an inch further back.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2015, 02:12 PM)luke89 Wrote: Are all the pedals adjustable? I'd love to move mine an inch further back.

You and me both! 
Thanks given by:
Yep could just be a new cable
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2015, 07:34 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Having just got my old hdi back, i realised how closer the pedal feels compared to the last hdi i had. Could there be any explanation? 

Yes, your seat is a notch further forward in this one. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2015, 05:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(23-01-2015, 07:34 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Having just got my old hdi back, i realised how closer the pedal feels compared to the last hdi i had. Could there be any explanation? 

Yes, your seat is a notch further forward in this one. Tongue

Very funny :p 

To be honest i think it's because i was driving the celica for a few days and got used to a proper seat/pedal position lol not a far away clutch when depressed and a close accelerator, crappy things!
Thanks given by:
Lol, possibly, 306 driving position isn't the best! Always wonder how I'm almost kneeing myself in the face letting the clutch out when I first get back in a 306 after something newer. lol
Thanks given by:
Haha. I just get a sore right ankle for having to pivot my right foot so far back. Im still enjoying having it back, although the clutch is totally gone now; noisy as anything and can just about get 5th gear!
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2015, 07:03 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Haha. I just get a sore right ankle for having to pivot my right foot so far back. Im still enjoying having it back, although the clutch is totally gone now; noisy as anything and can just about get 5th gear!

If I move my seat back to a comfortable position I feel miles away from the wheel and gear stick.
Thanks given by:
I find the seating position alright, must mean I'm out of proportion
Thanks given by:
For me the clutch presses in too far which makes accelerator too close. If im being picky, the seat doesn't lower enough either lol
Thanks given by:
I want the seat to raise a bit more...so maybe a higher roof as well lol. One of the things I've noticed about the seating position in cars I prefer is my knees are at right angles near enough. In the 306 they're more like 75 degrees which is a lot more awkward, and then to have the wheel in a sensible position I end up catching my knees trying to steer lol.

The clutch doesn't push far enough imo, getting used to hydro clutches then jumping in the 306 I want twice as much travel on the pedal! lol
Thanks given by:
I prefer to be sat as close to the floor as possible, like in an Elise lol
Thanks given by:
Lol, I prefer 4x4 driving position. My Uncle had a Marcos and you were basically sat on the floor in that lol, didn't like it!
Thanks given by:
I always liked the 306 driving position.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2015, 11:26 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, I prefer 4x4 driving position.  My Uncle had a Marcos and you were basically sat on the floor in that lol, didn't like it!

I lower the seat to the lowest position even when i drove my father in law's Vogue lol
Thanks given by:
Unless there is something wrong with my car, I found that the clutch travel was great in the 306, none of that leg lifting business. Although pedal position is another thing.

Coming from a Rover 200, this clutch is a dream!
Thanks given by: