car won't lock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
car won't lock
Right searched and searched but just wondering if it's a coincidence. Yesterday I cleaned the hell out of the inside of my car including wet vaccing all the carpets and headlining. And now my car won't lock. Locks then instantly Opens. Could I of knocked something? Checked the centralocking control box under the rear seat and all seems normal.
Thanks given by:
I had the same problem last night turns out I hadn't shut the driver side door properly haha
Thanks given by:
Haha if only my problem was that simple haha
Thanks given by:
Check the boot lock solenoid
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
What am I checking and where
Thanks given by:
In the boot the solenoid gets sticky and causes fault you got. Happened in a couple of my 306's I've owned over the years. Might be lucky and all it will take is some grease. Other thing to check is front door looms
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Could be door loom aswell, thats what happened to mine
Thanks given by:
I'm hoping it's not the loom. Just seems a coincidence that it's happened after I've cleaned the hell out the inside
Thanks given by:
Tried it again today? If something's got wet it'll probably be ok after drying out. However this is usually a sign of a broken loom!
Thanks given by:
Yeah its the same today but I suppose with cold weather it may take time. Carpets and roof lining and seats are bone dry mind
Thanks given by:
I've been looking for a cheap local wet vac on ebay/gumtree to do out the inside of my '6....maybe I wont bother! lol

Not really sure what to suggest other than checking the loom then.
Thanks given by:
Seriously do bother mines mint. My wife got me it for Xmas. The amount of crap that comes out is unreal. If it's not related to the wet vac then I say go for it. I did a lot of hovering under the rear seats which led me to think I'd damaged a wire to the control box but all seems fine.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know how good the results can be as I done the house carpets with a borrowed commercial one a couple of years ago! And I see they go cheap (like a tenner collected) on ebay all the time, but never any locally lol.
Thanks given by:
That was the case with me and my wife got sick of me winging about none being local so she bought me one from argos
Thanks given by: