Bmw E46 Diesel Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bmw E46 Diesel Project
Haha you can see that it needs a wash in person the picture hides the dirt haha
Thanks given by:
Got around to spraying the arches before my wedding last week, didn't look too bad for a first time doing bodywork....

Then Saturday night while at my wedding a group of w*****s thought it'd be funny to lift the rear end onto a hay bale and in the process put a big dent in my door [emoji35] leaving me with a £250 bill to get the dent pulled out

Now on Monday its due for MOT any common issues I'm likely to face bar the rubbish handbrake?
Thanks given by:
Well she threw up a nice list at the mot

[Image: d557e0fddc327cdf54a2a301e13f3bf3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
crikey, bit of a deathtrap then!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
How did you not notice some of that stuff lol!? Confused
Thanks given by:
Tbh I knew about most of it but over the past few months I've had a wedding to plan and it's taken a back seat lol
Thanks given by:
Loves that Renault too much.

Fair list but few days work should see it through.

Oil light though Dodgy

Got mine tomorrow but I'm hoping it'll go through as I cannot be dealing with 35MPG from the backup vehicle.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 01:49 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Loves that Renault too much.

Fair list but few days work should see it through.

Oil light though Dodgy

Got mine tomorrow but I'm hoping it'll go through as I cannot be dealing with 35MPG from the backup vehicle.

The Renault may have been having a little love recently [emoji56]

Oil light is only down to a dodgy sensor and not oil level though haha need to do it at the next service

Got a nice nad here if you need something reliable Wink
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 01:49 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Got mine tomorrow but I'm hoping it'll go through as I cannot be dealing with 35MPG from the backup vehicle.

Best hope you get a friendly tester Wink
Thanks given by:
Well after a lot of work this went through it's MOT today and it passed at long last

It's had

Both front wishbones and rear bushes
Both front brake hoses
Both front m sport shocks and springs
Both rear brake lines front to back
Both drivers jacking points cut out and welded up
Rear brake hose
Rear brake pads
Handbrake adjustment
New tyre
Cleared airbag faults

Next stop: . boost
Thanks given by:
FML got home from the MOT to a binding brake calliper smoking an awful lot lol
Thanks given by:
Take it back, whoever replaced your pads should have noticed the caliper was binding and sorted it out. It should also have failed the mot if it's binding that badly. Confused
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-08-2015, 07:45 PM)Poodle Wrote: Take it back, whoever replaced your pads should have noticed the caliper was binding and sorted it out. It should also have failed the mot if it's binding that badly. Confused

Pads on the front haven't been changed lol I think I nicked the seal when I put them back on :oops: it seems to be a bit hit and miss with when it binds so will strip and rebuild them in the next few days
Thanks given by:
Ah fair one, bit random. What's going on with this anyway, do you have a different favourite car now? I saw that dirty word a few posts up....  TMI
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Turbo is sat waiting to be fitted and hopefully should be a straight swap, want to knock up a decat aswell but I need to sort out some ££ for a map first so I can just slap it on over a weekend and it's drive able

Have to admit though it drives soo much nicer now lol
Thanks given by:
That sounds more like it! Big Grin It's amazing the difference it can make just replacing a couple of minor suspension parts.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Couple of pictures from the other day

[Image: f8ee123389c31c3e3db484467e6b6304.jpg]
[Image: 5f7bf24a13c2d2c2a31d2c945473e582.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: 8f758ba838c4b0af124d63ab99985723.jpg]

This is not a good thing
Thanks given by:
Took me a sec.. whooops, that's hot!

Time for a caliper clean/replace I guess
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah new calliper on its way as of today lol and as always bad things come in 3s Saturday the central locking packed in and this morning I had a flat tyre [emoji20]
Thanks given by:
Not having much luck with this are you bud? haha
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2015, 08:41 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Not having much luck with this are you bud? haha

Really not haha picking up again now though, Central locking is sorted just had to re-sync both keys, new calliper arrived today so that's on the list for Saturday along with whipping the exhaust off to check for any blockages and hopefully sorting the handling issue Smile
Thanks given by:
What's up with the handling bud? If you've not taken it for a 4 wheel alignment yet I'd strongly suggest doing so, makes a huge difference when it's all set right.

If it's a rear end wandering kind of feel, it could well be your RTABs (rear trailing arm bushes) - pretty easy to replace them with powerflex though
Thanks given by:
Front wishbone bushes go badly on these as well
Thanks given by:
Yeah, he has just replaced the wishbones I believe though. Although if the lollypop bushes are original they'll more than likely need changing.
Thanks given by:
Gotcha, sorry didn't read back through the thread
Thanks given by:
S'all good.

I take it you didn't have any further luck with INPA too tom?
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2015, 08:41 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: What's up with the handling bud? If you've not taken it for a 4 wheel alignment yet I'd strongly suggest doing so, makes a huge difference when it's all set right.

If it's a rear end wandering kind of feel, it could well be your RTABs (rear trailing arm bushes) - pretty easy to replace them with powerflex though

Issue I've got is one of the ARB bush studs has snapped off so it wanders an awful lot at the front end with its current temporary fix

I've got a pair of msport struts/springs that need fitting in the front before I go for alignment but definitely needs doing (y)

Both front wishbones and lollipop bushes have been replaced a couple months ago Paul Smile

And no more luck with INPA mate haven't really had time although did get the brake sorted out last night Smile
Thanks given by:
Ahh okay, that does make sense. Are the studs replaceable or is it a ballache?

Makes sense, should drive pretty well after an alignment and all the bits you've fitted/fitting. Was it a front or rear caliper that went, couldn't tell from the pic?
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2015, 11:53 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Ahh okay, that does make sense. Are the studs replaceable or is it a ballache?

Makes sense, should drive pretty well after an alignment and all the bits you've fitted/fitting. Was it a front or rear caliper that went, couldn't tell from the pic?

They are indeed a ball ache, needs to be completely drilled out and have a new one welded into the chassis

I'm hoping it will drive nice after alignment, it was a front one that went - was a small split in the piston seal so probably let some moisture in

In other news I had the exhaust off at the weekend and it sounded beautiful so will be straight piping it soon

http://youtu.be/BaJMB1GGTmQ

Also had a look and it seems that the vac can doesn't do anything at all currently so that is the next thing to look into as cause of the power loss - thank you Mr fish Smile
Thanks given by: