Removing Manifold to get at Glow Plugs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Manifold to get at Glow Plugs
Hello,

I'm trying to change the glow plugs on my 306. It is an R reg 1.9d. I have removed 2 bolts from the front of the manifold, 4 at the back, the air intake and the pipe with the clip at the back. I think that is everything but the manifold is still rock solid. Are there any other bolts I need to remove that I'm not seeing. I've attached a pic showing where I've removed things.

Thank you
Thanks given by:
Hmmmm my nad knowledge is poor, sorry Tongue
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
just stuck on the o-rings.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
The black round breather pipe? just behind the dip stick housing just pulls out too and yes will be just stuck on the o rings. ur nad engine is the same as my last nad, the worst glow plug to change as always is behind the fuel pump but can be done with a rachet spanner.
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks guys. So any tricks to get it unstuck? I'm going to wait to till it's light again now but I'm just thinking a wooden block and hammer?
Thanks given by:
Ok I got it off and changed the plugs but it still wont start. It sounds like it's struggling to turn over and it's the same when I tried it off my neighbours van so not the battery. Starter motor?
Thanks given by:
Check the timing.
The cam, crank and pump are all set where they should be.

My starter really sounds like it's struggling but it catches even cold on 100% veg.
Big battery, clean terminals in all places.
Try a jumper cable from batt +ve to the starter direct.

Oh and check your grounds...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 sets of glow plugs in 3 months???? HELP wdoyle2410 4 2,418 31-08-2018, 01:07 AM
Last Post: wdoyle2410
  Glow plugs unscrew but can't be removed EdAppleton 15 3,562 07-11-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: EdAppleton
  Glow Plugs or what?! timpug 7 2,416 23-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Last Post: timpug