DAB Headunit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAB Headunit
Been toying with the idea of a new headunit......not that there's anything wrong with the one i've got, does everything I want it to with the exception of DAB. lol 

My current one is a cheap and cheerful Ripspeed DVD headunit (single DIN, tiny screen), never been used for DVD's since i've had it, and afaik plain refuses to read CD's any more. All my music is on USB though, or SD card, as this unit caters for both.

So can anyone suggest a fairly cheap DAB unit that has at least USB connectivity, maybe even Bluetooth (though not essential), but must have preouts for my amp/sub. Doesn't even have to be anything particularly flashy, but I only get Radio 1 and Heart Sussex on FM (that i'll listen to anyway!), so DAB would be quite nice for a bit more variety. Wink

Literally only just started looking though, so haven't seen anything I like yet, thought i'd sling a thread up here first to see if anyone had any good recommendations? Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Team Rock Radio! Oh yeah.

Cant recommend anything but im a big Kenwood fanboy ThumbsUp
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
there was a DAB radio in my car when I bought it
ITS CRAP!
drive out the city and the signal disappears

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Had a DAB radio in the rental Zafira we had for our trip to Stoke back in August, worked fine all around area. Wink
Thanks given by:
i just have the cheapy philips DAB in my hdi.. its great for absolute!
Thanks given by:
(17-01-2015, 08:41 PM)af1 Wrote: i just have the cheapy philips DAB in my hdi.. its great for absolute!

Got a linky? Smile
Thanks given by:
Had DAB as standard in the Vectra...never used it, tried it once but was just digital fuzz down here! Focus doesn't have DAB but I don't feel I'm missing out lol.
Thanks given by:
it was in halfords, looks like they no longer sell them.

was only £50 iirc and doesnt have a CD player. Just SD Card and 2 USB ports.

great for the commute to work
Thanks given by:
That'd be ideal af1! I haven't used CD's in years, music on USB doesn't skip when you hit a pothole! lol

Does it have preouts on it though, need to power my amp! Wink
Thanks given by:
yeah it does actually!
shame its no longer listed
Thanks given by:
Yeah, just noticed that.....I did find this however, sounds good to me, anyone wanna pick holes in it? lol

EDIT: Might help if i give the link! Doh *snip*

EDIT EDIT: Just realised that's not even a DAB radio! Failure of epic proportions! Sad
Thanks given by:
Our ones at work are great, not sure how it would cope on the move though... Absolute radio can fist itself though, Planet Rock or Team Rock ftw!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So, having had a quick scout about, can't seem to find anything less than £80 at the moment, unless i'm missing something?
Thanks given by:
You should've bought one around xmas in the sales really! Most sales are over now.
Thanks given by:
Hadnt really thought about it until I saw your thread with the non-stealthy stealth shelf and the headunit! lol
Thanks given by:
Second hand on facebook groups? Or ebay maybe?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah maybe....as I say, only just thought about this really, so not exactly at the top of my priority list, but with the way my work is going at the moment, I should have a bit more disposable income soon, hence thinking I might invest in a new stereo. Wink
Thanks given by:
Got DAB in the X5 and on the way to work it cuts out repeatedly. So before you go to trouble of getting one, try it out on your commute. Team Rock FTW.

You could download podcasts on to your phone and stream over Bluetooth.
Thanks given by:
Don't have Bluetooth on current headunit either though... lol

Commute at the moment is only about 8-10 miles, so that's not really a concern tbh, may well just hang fire for the moment anyway....as mentioned above, there's nothing actually wrong with the headunit i have! Just being picky. Wink
Thanks given by:
I think you have to make sure it's connected to the correct bandwidth (might not be the right word) I know when setting up the DAB in Mother's car you can choose a national DAB thing then Kiss from there.

I think...
Thanks given by: WiNgNuTz