Throttle Sensor issue

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throttle Sensor issue
Hiya, guys

Yesterday i had a problem with my XUD! The car went off, i started again, and EML on! and the revs at 1200, and doesn't accelerate...tow it back to workshop, plug it in to machine, and error P0221, checked the sensor clean it nice and all good, went home with any problems.
  Today by morning, after 3 miles, i felt the car kicking in 3rd gear and in 4thgear, i tried to accelerate and slow response...i managed to get to work, i plug it in the machine and again P0221, possibly need to replace the sensor,right? I also have the cat converter rattles a bit..
 What advice can you give? Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
What sensor? There are none on an xud. There is fuel stop solinoid

Also rattly cat could be blocked knock it through

Take a pic of the sensor in question
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
P0221 on an XUD...never seen that before,

I reckon you have a HDi, and sounds like its your Throttle Position Sensor thats bolted to the Airbox is at fault.
Thanks given by:
I have a 306 Hdi Dturbo with engine code XUD9TE (D8A) :/
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3SVFky...sp=sharing
Thanks given by:
The HDi engine code is DW10. Your engine is definitely a HDi, not an XUD. Smile
Thanks given by:
Definitely hdi. Dturbo is a spec not on engine. But yes throttle position sensor
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, i clean with WD40 this work, and is work fine for now...If i need to change in the future, what's the best option?Second-hand,Aftermarket?

Regards
Thanks given by:
Today happened again, same thing! i had to pullover and clean the switch and was fine again :/
Thanks given by:
Have moved this to correct place Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks...any advice with the sensor?should i open it i clean it properly, following the steps in this topic http://306oc.co.uk/forum/archive/index.p...-9969.html
Cheers
Thanks given by:
That would be a good idea, yes.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I found this one but it's from a C8 Petrol, but have the same PN, is compatible ?
Thanks given by:
If it's got the same part number it's the same part. Or the ebay seller has f*cked up the listing i guess.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
He just replied and said that is compatible Smile
Thanks given by:
The Tps sensors are used on loads of different models
Thanks given by:
Bought the TPS and assembly it, all good... The only thing that happens, and already happened before, in cold start the revs are up/down 9/9500, plugs are good, is it MAF?
Thanks given by:
if the revs are going up and down for a short period of time it could just be the engine using the glow plugs. As they are actually used post start aswell as pre start.
Also it could be the coolant heater plugs turning on/off.
Thanks given by:
That shouldn't cause the revs to fluctuate though, it's a symptom of an underlying problem. I've yet to see somebody find a solution for this, so please update if ever you do.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I hope to find the solution in the future, i have a to do list that i need to sort ... inlet manifold oil leak, gearbox oil change, front brakes, rear caliper piston sticking, front window replacement, MOT next month and couple more..
Thanks given by:
It's usually the fuel pressure regulator if your revs are fluctuating on idle, the ECU struggles to regulate the fuel pressure properly, or a blocked fuel filter or bad lift pump. If you watch it on the live diagnostics and see what is jumping around, this should give you an indication of what is causing the problem.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by: jonas306
Ahah! Cheers, Steve, informative as ever. Yet another fpr problem, they keep mounting up...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good one, thanks for the information...
Thanks given by:
Yes poodle, it does seem to cause a variety of problems, but then if you think about it it's controlling one of the most important things that makes the engine run. Could even be a bad ECU if the idle is jumping around. If you cant fix it bring it to me and I have a big box of parts to try, saves buying them all for trial and error.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Throttle position sensor 2 error code ?po221? nollafnhoj 12 7,842 15-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Poodle