306 HDI Meridian Stage 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDI Meridian Stage 1
Here is my China Blue Meridian HDI which I bought a few years ago from an elderly gent with 46k miles, I've done 30k in the car since purchase without a single breakdown. Being the Meridian spec. it has air con, e/windows, e/heated mirrors, half leather etc as standard. On average I get 52 mpg and the best I've had on a run was 59 mpg.

The car is standard at the moment bar rear parking sensors (which the old boy had fitted), a K&N panel filter and a Sony headunit; very happy overall with the car but I plan a few power / handling / aesthetic modifications in order to improve driveability and looks.

I currently I have the following parts ready for fitting:

De-cat
Straight through back-box
Spax 40mm lowering springs
Cyclone alloys (in need of refurb.)
A few little things such as Sony / Peugeot stalk adapter, phone holder and new mats.

I'm also waiting on both a Stage 1 and Stage 1+ map from Dervtech (TDI remaps), I'm planning to run the car as standard on the Stage 1 for a while before fitting the exhaust and running the Stage 1+ map; this is predominantly to monitor the effect on MPG as I want to keep this as high as possible.

The major decision at the moment is what shocks to fit, I'm stuck between new OEM GTI-6 shocks or Blisten B4. I want the handling to be as good as possible but I don't want a horribly harsh ride, any opinions welcome. I also need to think about lowering the rear as I've heard this can be a nightmare, any tips?

Cheers,

Will
Thanks given by:
Looks nice, b4's are pretty much oem mate, I run them, they're good option Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Looks very clean mate

The xsi wheels make a pleasant change to all the clones Big Grin
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2015, 12:20 AM)7057sam Wrote: Looks very clean mate

The xsi wheels make a pleasant change to all the clones Big Grin

Yeah I agree but I think china blue with graphite grey cyclones is the ultimate combo Smile
Thanks given by:
I've seen a lot of late meridians on Lasers, guess Peugeot had loads left over when people realised XSis weren't worth buying. lol

That looks tidy though, and in the best colour as well. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah China is very nice especially in the 5 doors although there's that colour which is in between blaze and silver which is pretty sweet.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2015, 01:51 PM)7057sam Wrote: Yeah China is very nice especially in the 5 doors although there's that colour which is in between blaze and silver which is pretty sweet.
champagne?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Map has arrived so I'll hopefully get a chance to upload it this weekend / early next week  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks a very clean example buddy! B4 is a good choice! Iv got coilovers at the minute but they are to bouncy! So Im going back to b4s and eibachs as soon as I can find some springs! I
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,964 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  Stage 2 HDi Meridian FrostyHDI 5 2,027 01-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Last Post: FrostyHDI