Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9mm vs 11mm pumps
You know it makes sence to get the PAS involved whistle
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh god dave.... lol!!!

Drill bit mods ftw!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
oh yeh says the one trying to drill through a camplate !! Wink
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
darrenjlobb Wrote:the hard work of the people that have been arsed to do it and make there car DIFFERENT, people following like sheep just ends up in loads of people doing the same thing...How many people on this forum run a t24 /td04 these days? theres lots of other turbos you know, but its just about always one of those two, but why? the point is that if we all told everyone everything, then no ones cars would be unique / intresting, how boring would that be?

The sheep thing does annoy me but i take it as flattery personally.

Its one of the reasons I really want another BMW as nobody over here really mods them so I can do what I like with very little to influence my decisions (apart from lack of parts).

Oh and it comes with a TD04 standard so I can be cool (jokes)

Its a shite td04 dumdum unfortunately, ive one in the garage and it isnt much bigger than a k14.....
Would love a tds bm, RWD in a cloud of smoke all the way!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
anto Wrote:Its a shite td04 dumdum unfortunately, ive one in the garage and it isnt much bigger than a k14.....

Yeah I know that, its only a little TD04 13G.
Plenty of space down the side of the engine for a massive blower though. Cannot wait to get myself another 325TDS. Torn between a saloon and an estate though, need to save up a few quid and get a really good one this time.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:If anyone hit double stock power in a 100% stock petrol, they'd be more than expecting head gasket and rod problems...

We have discussed this in the past, 2Jz YO!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:but no one has turbos that match it, hence the vicious circle issue ive already discussed.

No-one? My turbo works in the 2500 - 5000rpm range and will happily put out 2.5bar... that's exactly why I specc'd it as it is, because the pump is happy there.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Dont you run stock advance in your pumps as well?
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:Dont you run stock advance in your pumps as well?

Yeah. I worked out pretty early on that static advance was the killer on these motors without bottom end work, so every pump I've ever built has used totally stock dynamic advance and been set to book static timing.

I've been running around 200hp for 18 months now with no real reliability issues... *touch wood!!*

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:

Yeah. I worked out pretty early on that static advance was the killer on these motors without bottom end work, so every pump I've ever built has used totally stock dynamic advance and been set to book static timing.

I've been running around 200hp for 18 months now with no real reliability issues... *touch wood!!*

JP

Arnt you the clever one lol...

To be fair im more talking the people that spend 50-100 quid on turbos, yours was built new espically for the application, which costs alot of money, so id expect it to work as expected tbh...

My old 220+ engine lasted for 12+ months quite happily, but wasnt so happy with bent rod after hydrolocking it on oil from 5k, suprising really lol....and then the next motor was more than happy at 220+ until the surge in power from the monster blower, then the head became very unhappy....

"Static" timing dosnt kill anything, total timing will to a degree, but only under rpms / boost...you wont kill a derv off blow / load just from timing, the rods need some serious raping to break them, but yes, lots of rpms results in needing lots of timing, which does do damage, but more than worth it, as thats where the fun is at as far as im concerned Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:

JP

JP Yours would make more power if you had the fuel / ran more static advance
Thanks given by:
Dave Wrote:JP Yours would make more power if you had the fuel / ran more static advance

Yup, I'm sure... But it's a total stock bottom end so not wanting to push it.

Will do a little on the new motor, but tbh ~200hp is fine in this chassis!
JP
Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:tbh ~200hp is fine in this chassis!

Heh, Think this deffo sums up the difference between me and you lol!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
JP are you still on a 9mm pump or are you on a 10/11mm now, ive forgotten.
Thanks given by:
I've picked up a a Bosch off an Expert I think for £15 and it has a load of electrical crap on it so I'm gunna strip it bare and see what I can do with it. Might even build an 11mm if I find a tranny pump
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
anto Wrote:Its a shite td04 dumdum unfortunately, ive one in the garage and it isnt much bigger than a k14.....

Yeah I know that, its only a little TD04 13G.
Plenty of space down the side of the engine for a massive blower though. Cannot wait to get myself another 325TDS. Torn between a saloon and an estate though, need to save up a few quid and get a really good one this time.

Saloon all the way!
Did they do a 3 door version?
Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:

Can I just ask how you worked that one out?

I'm just intrigued as to how adjusting the timing definitely kills engines?

Why do stock XUD9s just pop rods with no adjustment of timing?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Dum, still on 9mm.

Ruan, I guess some engines are just poo so go pop but if you run some static conrod force calculations and look at timing vs. Cylinder pressures you'd be amazed.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
anto Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Yeah I know that, its only a little TD04 13G.

Saloon all the way!
Did they do a 3 door version?

Nah they didnt do a 3dr.
One day I might re shell one into an E46 coupe.

Really want another, been looking at getting a loan but Id love to be out of debt for the first time in a few years and im almost clear (few more months)
Thanks given by:
wtf where did my post go?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Which one?
Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:Dum, still on 9mm.

INTERESTING!

So with a BMW pump having 50% more pistons could make 315bhp plus the fact that a 10mm pump will put in 11% more fuel cos of the larger plunger. Theoretically thats almost 350bhp. I bet I dont get anywhere near that.
Thanks given by:
The one thats randomly at the bottom of jp's, well a bit of it is anyway,
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:The one thats randomly at the bottom of jp's, well a bit of it is anyway,

Think youve hit edit on JPs post rather than quote mate.

Ive done that one before, PITA having the buttons next to each other.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
darrenjlobb Wrote:The one thats randomly at the bottom of jp's, well a bit of it is anyway,

Think youve hit edit on JPs post rather than quote mate.

Ive done that one before, PITA having the buttons next to each other.

Lol did I really fail that hard?

epic fail lobb!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:Dum, still on 9mm.

Ruan, I guess some engines are just poo so go pop but if you run some static conrod force calculations and look at timing vs. Cylinder pressures you'd be amazed.

JP

Lol you think we haven't already worked these things out? Espically when running de comp blocks...

Timing is only half the issue, but at the end of the day, you have to push things to make progress, and its no fun sitting still at the same thing for ages....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
jammapic Wrote:Ruan, I guess some engines are just poo so go pop but if you run some static conrod force calculations and look at timing vs. Cylinder pressures you'd be amazed.

I have looked at it.... And trust me, if there were high enough cylinder pressures to cause these issues - my head studs would have been an issue with timing adjustments a long time ago... I've played about a lot and not taken mathematical calculations for gospel...

Remember, I also run a stock advance mechanism and my head studs stretch every time it comes on boost.

And IMO the advance system does have to be adjusted even for an engine running to a max of 5000rpm - a Bosch VE with a 9mm pump will have an incredibly long injection length - that's inherent... Even 11mm you'll need to, as the injectors aren't uprated, they can only flow so much fuel for a given time period... You need to get it in earlier to still keep it within the perfect injection window.
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Lol did I really fail that hard?

epic fail lobb!

Yep you really do fail that hard but you build a mean DTurbo so well forgive you.
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Lol you think we haven't already worked these things out?

I was fairly sure you guys would've done tbh.
JP
Thanks given by:
But you're always right... So...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAI Water Pumps RAW 12 4,476 18-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Last Post: vinny
  "Cheap" new water pumps (£15) silverzx 22 6,618 11-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: ConorTRG
  What pumps are these? bobertmate 8 2,168 16-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Mal