Ipad air 2 or windows surface 2

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ipad air 2 or windows surface 2
So last minute shopping thinking of either ipad air 2 or the windows surface 2 for the wife.

Got a budget of £400 max, want to be able to use it for pc like tasks browseing Internet, word documents etc, but also games 

I'm more swaying to the windows one because of the pc side if it.

Needs to be in stock at my local shops 

What would you guys advise or recommend?  

Thanks in advance 

Thanks given by:
does the surface 2 run full blown windows or is it a shitty half version specifically for that device? D:

Have you tried typing on just a touch screen. You don't get the feedback so if you are writing documents id recommend a laptop.

Just meh. If you want to play decent games get a proper pc.
Thanks given by:
I had a play with a Surface 2 at work for a trial we are doing. The build quality was just awful. Felt like i could easily snap the thing in half.
Like Rowell says, for word docs etc, typing on a touch screen just isn't that good no matter how good the screen is. A Bluetooth keyboard is a must!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'd recommend checking your local shops...  Take the wife and casually walk past them, hopefully she'll give off a hint about which she'd prefer...

Alternatively one might be on offer.... Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Gadget show did a bit on these this evening. Ipad won.
Thanks given by:
Think I'll just give her cash for easy life lol to much hassle trying to find something decent

Thanks given by:
If it's just a full windows OS you're looking for, you can get full windows 8 tablets for £70 in 7". They aren't even that bad, we got one for work just to see and it's impressively quick, screen resolution isn't incredible but not bad, battery life is between 4-6 hours, more if it's in standby. Also comes with office 365 for 12 months for free
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2014, 10:11 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: If it's just a full windows OS you're looking for, you can get full windows 8 tablets for £70 in 7". They aren't even that bad, we got one for work just to see and it's impressively quick, screen resolution isn't incredible but not bad, battery life is between 4-6 hours, more if it's in standby. Also comes with office 365 for 12 months for free

Need something now tbh before Christmas as it's a surprise present.

I'm going to town.tomorrow see if I can find something

Thanks given by:
Go iPad. Microsoft word is free in the App Store and the build quality is far superior, plus apple will have them all in stock 
Thanks given by:
Id get a laptop tbh. I bought an ipad for that kind of thing, realised i kept going back to my laptop for thr odd bit so i just bought a new laptop instead...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Built yourself a nice gaming tower of 300 and get a hudl.

I tryed it the other day and much prefer it to my girlfriend's Ipad air.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I don't think his wife would want a full gaming computer  Confused
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2014, 06:42 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: I don't think his wife would want a full gaming computer  Confused

^^^^ This

But tbh she don't need a ipad or surface thing it'll probably end up on a shelf like last year's Christmas present lol

Thanks given by:
I think people are getting confused between "windows tablet" and "surface". Anyone can make a tablet and put Windows on it (with varying results), the Surface is an MS made device with a magnesium alloy chassis and is at least, if not better, made than an iPad, not to mention functionally superior in every way. If you want to fanny around on Facebook or play angry birds in Costa Coffee then get the iPad. The Surface is more of a productivity device than a consumption device, the 2 generally don't compete in the same market space. Either way it's probably a purchase best left until the sales if possible.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPad app/work docket. 306carter 0 986 25-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: 306carter
  Yorkshire iPad Dan! 12 2,959 20-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Bri-HDI
  The New Ipad Fozzy 17 2,927 14-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Jonny b