Top Gear Christmas Special 2014 staring a Peugeot 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Gear Christmas Special 2014 staring a Peugeot 306
BASTARDS!!!!

I thought it was repeated tomorrow not bloody continued
Thanks given by:
Well the first part was pretty great I thought?

"Hammond, I have 2 words for you, 7 letters including 3 Fs, F..."
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2014, 09:37 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Well the first part was pretty great I thought?

"Hammond, I have 2 words for you, 7 letters including 3 Fs, F..."

Yeah actually very watchable, it held my interest so well I forgot I had a cuppa within 6 inches of my hand.

Really thought they were going to go all dukes of hazzard on that bridge.
Thanks given by:
So, which car do we all want?

Call me a redneck, and I know it's a total dog, but I  Heart  that 'stang  Blush
Thanks given by:
Loved it, highlights for me included hammonds romantic fill ups and of course the Peugeot stickers. My choice would be the esprit, always loved those cars. The mach 1 looks awesome though
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Meh.

Lowlight was Clarkson bragging about driving London to Sheffield at 170mph. That should never have been aired, it actively encouraged dangerous driving, they guy never ceases to be an utter bellend.

Also concerned about how they will portray the conclusion of this episode, I fear they mightn't be very sympathetic, or diplomatic.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
He didn't say he was doing 170. He said he was in a car that WOULD comfortably do 170
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
He clearly implied he was travelling at such speeds, as otherwise he wouldn't have made it. He could have at least said 'speeding is stupid' at some point in that anecdote, but not a word.
Thanks given by:
Jesus Kezzie is there anything that doesn't get your back up? You are literally the most PC person I know...
Thanks given by:
I take that as a great compliment!

And I really didn't think this would cause any dispute, I honestly didn't! Considering the subject matter, something I commend TopGear for is their impressive ability to not condone driving over the speed limit on public roads. What Clarkson said did condone speeding, which isn't an appropriate thing for a very popular TV show, on a publicly funded channel to do.

I can't be alone in thinking this, surely?
Thanks given by:
He didnt do it for fun mind. He did it for his dying father.

I wonder how fast you would drive kez if your mum rang and said get to get a hospital an hour away because your dad was guna die
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Kez do you actually live in the real world?

If I found out my dad was dying in hospital and only had a few hours left to live I'd be on the M6 in the Rallye with the speedo off the clock faster than you can say driving ban.

Sort your priorities out.
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2014, 11:01 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I take that as a great compliment!

And I really didn't think this would cause any dispute, I honestly didn't! Considering the subject matter, something I commend TopGear for is their impressive ability to not condone driving over the speed limit on public roads. What Clarkson said did condone speeding, which isn't an appropriate thing for a very popular TV show, on a publicly funded channel to do.

I can't be alone in thinking this, surely?

I just knew if anyone picked up on it, it'd be you.

Are you the guy who causes them to be "literally inundated with a letter" addressed to "Dear Top so-called Gear"?
Thanks given by:
I just don't know how driving in a way that could easily get you (and other completely innocent people) killed in order to watch someone else die makes ANY sense.

I fear the comebacks to this will become personal, but I can speak from personal experience on this matter. I would certainly speed, but in my opinion doing more than double the speed limit on public roads is NEVER acceptable. Not for any reason.

And nah Laim, if I were gonna do it I'd reword my letter at least 3 times to make it seem more important, give me some credit!
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2014, 11:07 PM)Piggy Wrote: He didnt do it for fun mind. He did it for his dying father.

I wonder how fast you would drive kez if your mum rang and said get to get a hospital an hour away because your dad was guna die

I did similar 3 weeks ago today, when mrs went in labour.. Ok i did have a police bmw infront of me, but we was touching 120mph..
Thanks given by:
In the heat of the moment I guess I'd do them speeds, but people who do them speeds daily are idiots.

I used to drive like a tool when I was younger, and got the points and ban to prove it but that was before I got my head out my bum and realised if I mess up I'll hurt others, not just myself. Having kids has made that even more clear. I drive like a 70 year old on a Sunday morning drive to church now.

But as id think anyone would, you'd do anything for a loved one in pain.

I missed the top gear special which I think we should get back on topic of.....

Will it be repeated?
Thanks given by:
Iplayer ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Doh! Why didn't I think of that Sad must engage brain this morning!
Thanks given by:
Enjoyed last night's episode if I'm being honest. For me it would be the 928 just in better colour.

A Range Rover V8 would have been perfect though?
Thanks given by:
Tbh I found it pretty boring, wseemingly without any direction or proper challeneges?

Just looked like they were driving some low slung sports off road just for the hell of it when the road was clearly visible, and crossing a bridge that looked bad but had obviously been tested by the camera mans Range Rover first. Continuity wasn't great either - the Peugeot sticker on the front of the Mustang kept disappearing and reappearing! Didn't really hold my interest anyway, hopefully tonights will be better. I also haven't seen the film they kept referencing so that may be why.

As for Clarksons speeding piece, I was surprised they left that in tbf as it's bound to get people like Kez writing in, but I guess it showed Clarkson with emotions for a brief period rather than the whole programme being staged lol. That said, we all know he exaggerates, can pretty much guarantee he didn't do 170mph from London to Sheffield. He would've got stopped at some point if so.

As for the car I'd have, it'd be the Lotus...
Thanks given by:
a) I'm sure he said he was in a car capable of sitting comfortably at 170. Not he was doing 170
b) show me a road in the UK where you can reach 170 and sustain it? Wouldn't be able to do so on most motorways in the middle of the night let alone the day time.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(28-12-2014, 10:39 AM)Toms306 Wrote: As for the car I'd have, it'd be the Lotus...

If only they'd made a decent gearbox to go with it rather than using the Renault UN1 as apparently the engine in the Lotus was built to do 500bhp but had to be de tuned to 350bhp to save the box.
Thanks given by:
They really did portray that violence from the argentinians very fairly. Shame the police didn't seem very interested in being of any real help.
Thanks given by:
Didn't catch the start so waiting for it to come on iPlayer. How long does it usually take? Anyone know?
Thanks given by:
Few hours if that Liam Smile
Yeah i thought it was very good tbh. Just a shame they didnt get to finish it properly!

I don't see why people feel the need for violence in these sort of situations. its like football violence. It makes no difference to these people what team wins (unless of course you're betting on it in which case you're a fool). Its just mindless violence from people who are complete wankers IMO
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sometimes its straight after or upto 30 mins, or the next day..

Yeah that violence terrible tbh, lucky no one was seriously injured tbh
Thanks given by:
Surprised the Argentines haven't laid claim to the Isle of Wight too
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
It's on iPlayer now Smile
Thanks given by:
Its crazy, that from what I could see most of the people throwing rocks didn't even look old enough to remember the Falklands war. That said Top Gear got a much better reception driving through Iraq when there was still a war going on so it just proves that it shouldn't matter.

That said the Argentinians are nothing if not consistent if they are still in dispute with Chile over some islands that they claim are theirs but aren't LOL.
Thanks given by:
The violence was genuinely frightening just watching on TV, cant imagine what it must've been like to be there. Totally out of proportion compared with a number plate as well. Just goes to show what a mob culture can do, only takes a few to start something like that. People get offended far too easily.

Must admit, the 2nd half was much better than the first though!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  its that special day !!! daddyfixit 5 1,615 08-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  its that special day !!! daddyfixit 14 1,788 17-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  its that special day !!! daddyfixit 6 1,466 01-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: 7057sam