XUD fuel line length

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD fuel line length
Hello 
iv got a Citroen ZX XUD which is running on veg oil, i was thinking of upgrading the 8mm fuel line to 10mm to help with the thicker fuel. whats the length id need from the tank to the fuel primer so i can use just one length of pipe? 
many thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
5m should do you plenty ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What he said^^

Well worth it aswell for running veg, will make a big difference.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Next thing is fuel filter.

10mm line into the standard filter housing is a bit pointless imo. As the inlet is 8mm but gets tiny inside.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Im thinking about this mod to as I run the veg. Id really want to keep standard filter housing though as it looks neat and heats the veg. (penny mod) what filter housings dont look out of place??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
inline filter doesn't look out of place if you put it tidy out of the way
Thanks given by:
Dont people have issues using inline ones due to not providing enough filtering? ive heard people using tt filters. Would have to look through parts catalogue at work and see what I could find.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Alright cheers guys Smile is it worth running clear pipe from the priming bulb to the filter and to the pump?
Thanks given by:
Usually just from pump to filter, that's enough to see any air ingress Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Given what was said on here about TT filters I've cut out the VW standard filter head (with a bypass that is asking to be an air ingress) and switched to a TT filter.
It's better already.

Now I thought I had some issues with shitty filters recently on the VW screw one side, the TT one is so far so good.
Plus it's a darn sight easier to insulate (since I use a FPHE prior to it) than the stock one bolted to the engine.

But yeah, a fiver from ebay, topran ones.
8mm hose inlet, I would consider doubling them up for the sake of it but aint having problems yet on the passat with stock power.
Thanks given by:
See they area still only 8mm inlet though. Id need a 10mm. Although the tt one still sounds like best bet
Thanks given by:
Yep. Bigger in/out would be appreciated. I think at that point you're off to look at trucks.
Halfords seem to be phasing out filters, but it was always a good place to take a look to see what fitted.

My filter head for the VW I guess was a standard head, I didn't use the appropriate VW filter on it, I used something else that I'd used on the astra which wasn't from an astra either. I just remembered the code lol
But Halfords changed supplier or something as the filters started blocking very quickly of late.
Thanks given by:
Ive set my mate down at the motor factors on the job of sourcing a 10mm suitable fuel filter see what he turns up
Thanks given by:
8mm inlets on the fuel filter is not ideal, but bear in mind it is not at 8mm for a great deal of length (say 15mm per tail) so if its easier/cheaper to use/source them and you're running veg anyway which will require regular filter changes anyway...
Thanks given by:
Just use the landrover fuel filter head fit 10mm hose tails on it jobs a good en, yer no heater but I've not run one for years and never had an issue.

Check my project thread I've done exactly same on my zx

Thanks given by:
So no heater is not a problem? I seemed to think it would be. Im assuming the 10mm lines out weigh the heated fuel filter? I might have a 10mm ldv one sitting about somewhere
Thanks given by:
Just strap the filter to thermostat housing our top rad pipe Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I did run a disco filter head bolted to thermostat housing to heat the fuel for a while. Worked well
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2014, 03:49 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Just strap the filter to thermostat housing our top rad pipe Smile

Exactly. One the benefits of the inline one, you can stick it anywhere. Wrap some insulation around the whole deal and it'll get nice and toasty.
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2014, 03:11 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So no heater is not a problem? I seemed to think it would be. Im assuming the 10mm lines out weigh the heated fuel filter? I might have a 10mm ldv one sitting about somewhere

Even with 8 mm lines and tt filter I never had a heater, suppose a heater would help reduce the viscosity of the veg oil but I do all my milage in one big go so by the time the fuel has done the loop a few times I suspect it'd keep some of the heat.

(12-12-2014, 04:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: I did run a disco filter head bolted to thermostat housing to heat the fuel for a while. Worked well

How did you do that? I've been wondering how I can bolt it to the engine some how so heat can transfer though it.

Thanks given by:
Took a filter head from a disco fuel filter housing....

And bolted it to the the top of the thermostat housing.

I assumed it was obvious!? Confused
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2014, 11:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: Took a filter head from a disco fuel filter housing....

And bolted it to the the top of the thermostat housing.

I assumed it was obvious!? Confused

So its laid flat? So when you unscrew your filter all the contents drains over the engine?

Thanks given by:
What are you on about!?

Theres no filter!? Otherwise you couldnt bolt it to the thermostat housing!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2014, 11:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: What are you on about!?

Theres no filter!? Otherwise you couldnt bolt it to the thermostat housing!?

Oh I see what you mean now?! You just bolted the filter head to the standard housing?! Not the whole filter set up?!

I get you know?!

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks given by:
!?1?1?1?!?!?!?1111111111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8
Thanks given by:
Even im confused now. You got a picture piggy?
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2014, 10:04 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: !?1?1?1?!?!?!?1111111111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8

lmao lmao

Thanks given by:
Yeah, just bolt the head onto the stat housing!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2014, 11:44 AM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah, just bolt the head onto the stat housing!!

Ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks given by:
No problem!!!!!1!1!1!1!!!!!11!!1!!!

Just to note, not all filter heads work, you need one which has the seal as part of the head, not the filter, as you obviously need a good seal!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  auxiliary belt length with different power steering pulley diameter juz22 1 1,254 18-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Niall
  internal fuel line diameter randomcaller 4 1,600 29-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  In line fuel filter silverzx 8 2,365 22-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Tom