Veg oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veg oil
Why don't Lucas pumps like veg oil? Do they like waste engine oil?
Thanks given by:
Not really, iirc its the seals that don't agree with it. Lack of lubrication or something (inb4giggidy). Some pumps will run fine for hundreds, if not thousands of miles without so much as a hiccup, some will sh*t themselves before you get to the end of the road. How lucky do YOU feel? lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lack of lubrication dries the pump out. Also seals gone quicker.
Seals will also go on a Bosch with veg.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Waste engine oil is illegal to use on the road
Thanks given by:
Yeah if you get caught using waste engine oil your screwed. Big time. I dont even see the point of considering it. Buy a bosch and run veg. You will pay the bosch off fairly quick with the savings from veg. Just make sure you keep a diary of what you use.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
What parts are needed for the full lucas to bosch conversion?

Is it true that the pump must be from the 306 or 405, as opposed to the later ecu controlled 406 and xantia?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Bosch fuel pump including pully and woodruff key. Injectors, injector lines and a little time. 405/306 bosch pump will be fine. Non ecu controlled. They come up for sale on here quite often to be fair. Just be patient
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Or Xsaras, or many other cars that the 1.9xud9bte came in.
Some xantias didnt have the ecu bit.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers for the info! Just picked up a 306 td with a Lucas. Is frustratingly breathless in higher revs, so I was waiting for a Bosch pump before giving it a stage one tune. ( stock turbo and standard 9mm Bosch). I'm completely new to diesels so maybe shouldn't be too optimistic for a rev hungry engine ( was expecting a diesel 'hot hatch' when I bought it) but you guys on here seem to be achieving impressive hp figures from the xud9 turbo so there is hope yet!!

Is it worth me fiddling with the Lucas pump in the meanwhile while I wait for a Bosch? Any good guides out there?

Hennus
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2014, 11:34 AM)hennus Wrote: Ok cheers for the info! Just picked up a 306 td with a Lucas. Is frustratingly breathless in higher revs, so I was waiting for a Bosch pump before giving it a stage one tune. ( stock turbo and standard 9mm Bosch). I'm completely new to diesels so maybe shouldn't be too optimistic for a rev hungry engine ( was expecting a diesel 'hot hatch' when I bought it) but you guys on here seem to be achieving impressive hp figures from the xud9 turbo so there is hope yet!!

Is it worth me fiddling with the Lucas pump in the meanwhile while I wait for a Bosch? Any good guides out there?

Hennus

The most torque comes at around 3000rpm for these engines when stock so I wouldn't be revving the arse off it anyway. More revs = more heat and more wear.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2014, 12:15 PM)andywhy Wrote: The most torque comes at around 3000rpm for these engines when stock so I wouldn't be revving the arse off it anyway. More revs = more heat and more wear.

Thanks mate. I figured out the culprit- there was a major vacuum leak coming from where a rubber hose meets the intercooler. Essentially I had no boost as manifold air pressure could not increase! Re-jubilee clipped it and now it's pulls a lot nicer. Still after a Bosch pump though!
Thanks given by:
I'd budget for new cambelt kit and water pump too, plus little bits like fire seals and copper washers, maybe a bit of fuel hose too.
Thanks given by:
Picked up a bosch pump with injectors and all the trimmings. And a new cambelt kit with water pump.

Should i rebuild the bosch pump before putting it in, like seals etc? Is there a kit I can get?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
There is a seal kit for em. Personally I'd bang it on as is.
Thanks given by:
Yeah there's a seal Kit, if you're gonna run veg I'd advise resealing it, seal kit is about £15 iirc
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
know where to purchase? cant find on ebay.
Thanks given by:
Search bosch ve pump seal ebay. Done
Thanks given by:
ah cool. So the kit is not specific for xud?
Thanks given by:
I dont think so. Im sure all ve pumps have more or less the same seals on.
Thanks given by:
You just want the one for turbo pump, although saying that, those seals aren't really important anyway Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I've not popped the seals on a pump yet, usually it's every other bit of the fuel system that leaks first.

If you've got the pump off tho, then why not rebuild with proper seals tho.
Thanks given by:
anything else i should do 'while i'm there'? other than water pump, cam belt/tensioner, aux belt, coolant flush
Thanks given by:
Don't think so, I bought my Bosch seal kit from Darwen diesels, I think it was about £16 delivered.
Thanks given by:
The cam belt tensioner pulley... is there a special trick with it or do i need the special peugeot tool?
Thanks given by: