Parts-advice required for a DT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parts-advice required for a DT
I have to replace my drivers side front wheel bearing: -
-are all bearings the same across the range or a specific one for a DT?
-best place to buy one or just visit a local factors?

On my MOT I had 2 advisories as my "front lower suspension arm rubber bust deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement"
-do I have replace both lower arms or could I replace just the rubber mounts at the back of them...I guess that's what they mean?
-again a local factors job or..?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Tbh for the price of new arms with joints and bushes (£30-40 a side) its well worth doing as it will transform the way the car drives and it's done then!
Bushes will be about 10 a side plus then you will need to get them pressed (unless you go for powerflex).
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
where's the best place? local factors or europarts or ?

is this the bush i need niall?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...13e&000437

Thanks given by:
thats the bush that goes on the rear of the arm, might need the front bush too. but like Niall said, its so much less faf changing the entire wishbone over, i started to change the bushes, bot bored and went and bought new 'bones. dont get the gsf ones tho, mine needed replacing after 10k miles, tho that may just have been a one off.
local motor factrs should have them. or ebay, i think mattcheese found some delphi ones for 15 quid a side

Edit: this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-1 ... 2113wt_952
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
that's the one fella, might just do both arms as well as the wheel bearing - this job is working out expensive with the tools I have to buy as well

Thanks given by:
yeah might aswell, you'll only have to do the other one at a later date anyway
yeah jobs can do that! offtopicish: on the way back from the breakers the other day, my mates droplink fell off, so we replaced them, but noticed he tyres were to the canvas, so had them changed, then had it tracked to. all in, cost him 100 odd quid

Thanks given by:
It's going to be expensive because of tools but they are quite common tools so once bought, you will use them again! Especially sewing as you own a 306.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
True Niall, I was going to buy a cheapie torque wrench with a lifetime guarantee but it doesn't go tight enough for driveshaft nut..50nm out lol

A large bar and grunt lol

Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:True Niall, I was going to buy a cheapie torque wrench with a lifetime guarantee but it doesn't go tight enough for driveshaft nut..50nm out lol

A large bar and grunt lol
my torque wrench doesnt go high enough for most hub nuts but i wind it out to max click it out then give it a little bit extra.......
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
with hub nuts i pretty much just get a scaffold pole on a small breaker bar and wrench on it till the car tries to move over the handbrake and the chocks... figure thats tight enough!

Thanks given by:
i do that on most but cars like the mk6 fiesta they have the wheel bearing in the drum which slides over the stub shaft, so you dont want to go crazy shit onit do ya lol
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
this is true, same story on the back of my 106, wrenched on that one too, but not quite as much as on the 306 with disks all round

Thanks given by:
That link says them wishbones are for manual steering. Are there any differences for power steering?
Thanks given by:
nope, all the same iirc

Thanks given by:
There 2 different arm thicknesses, off the top of my head 16 & 18mm

They have both, so will just ask for power steering one's and give my reg Smile

Thanks given by:
thats for ball joints, is it not?

Thanks given by:
Yah 16 and 18mm is for ball joints. Also there is a difference for power steering. The non power steering ball joints are shorter so will throw your camber out badly if you get the wrong ones.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
*makes noise like ive just learnt something*

didnt know that, interesting!

Thanks given by:
when there is a difference stated, there usually is....but its usually slight so you cannot mix and match them

Thanks given by:
So if you get them wishbones and change them ball joints they will be ok on power steering cars?
Thanks given by:
aggyj17 Wrote:So if you get them wishbones and change them ball joints they will be ok on power steering cars?

Yeah but WTF would be the point in that?? just buy the right ones in the first place would be the best idea wouldn't it? *facepalm*
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
^^^ mark lmao

Are you still ok to post that socket? Parts ordered, garage on standby with press, Connors been promised food lol

Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:^^^ mark lmao

Are you still ok to post that socket? Parts ordered, garage on standby with press, Connors been promised food lol

Well............ why would you purposely buy the wrong one knowing that you would then have to swap the ball joints over lol its just daft!

As for the socket....................yeah, I'm still good to post you the socket, if I actually remember I will maybe post it sometime this year................send me a PM tonight to remind me and i will pack it up then and give it to the Mrs to stick in the post Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
devils_fuel Wrote:^^^ mark lmao

Well............ why would you purposely buy the wrong one knowing that you would then have to swap the ball joints over lol its just daft!

As for the socket....................yeah, I'm still good to post you the socket, if I actually remember I will maybe post it sometime this year................send me a PM tonight to remind me and i will pack it up then and give it to the Mrs to stick in the post Smile

True more expense when not required lol

Yeah I'll pm you later to prompt you lol. Oh make sure it's the right size lmao

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Urgent help required! please - semi sorted - just need parts. insomaniac45 31 6,807 19-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Redordead89
Shocked P-bush advice required devils_fuel 16 4,708 21-07-2013, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Niall
  8J ET0 fitment advice required rd070707 8 1,756 09-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Slam Wagon