Abs light & handbrake light.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abs light & handbrake light.
Ok, I had a sensor issue. Said passenger or left sensor on planet (can't remember the wording now) & I replaced this sensor with a used one I had.

It then changed its mind and said drivers side abs sensor, so I ordered 2 new ones.

Have fitted them and now thw abs light & handbrake light is coming in.

Nightmare, any clues on what to do?

Havent got access to planet atm and wondering what to do next, short out the brake level sensor?

I havent got the little covers for the ABS sensors if this makes any odds?
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2014, 08:31 PM)mcglynn Wrote: Ok, I had a sensor issue. Said passenger or left sensor on planet (can't remember the wording now) & I replaced this sensor with a used one I had.

It then changed its mind and said drivers side abs sensor, so I ordered 2 new ones.

Have fitted them and now thw abs light & handbrake light is coming in.

Nightmare, any clues on what to do?

Havent got access to planet atm and wondering what to do next, short out the brake level sensor?

I havent got the little covers for the ABS sensors if this makes any odds?

You checked the cables from the sensors are connected correctly? Also are abs rings all good? Could be planet saying the reading is incorrect on abs sensors.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Check and clean the ABS unit plug.
Thanks given by:
There is one different ring i have figured out from when I changed the cv joint.

Im going to fit the old joint again and see if it goes away, the cables are all connected up ok etc.

Abs unit plug is fine, was really clean & the fuse was fine also.

Will report back when I sort it but needed a car with MOT so bought a run around for a while.
Thanks given by:
OK changed the ring, and changed the rear left sensor (for an old spare, with a partly damaged cable).

Got myself a copy of planet so no longer waiting around on a friend to help out, as he was too busy the majority of the time. Its now saying rear left wheel speed sensor, which i know the cable is damaged on, so i have ordered a new one.

Will update with the progress for anyone interested.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake light switch parts exploded view pug306driver 11 2,698 13-12-2021, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Brake light switch pug306driver 10 1,882 14-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Air con light 306 HDI reevesmortama 1 859 16-05-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Mighty306