HDI gearbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI gearbox
can the plastic fork arm bush's be replaced without removing the gearbox from the car?

or can the top one be replaced and not the bottom one
Thanks given by:
Toms306 will know. We did mind but I cant remember.
Thanks given by:
You'll never get the bottom one done, it's inserted from inside the bellhousing.. In fact, I've got a feeling the top one is too.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
The top one clips in, in the bell housing area
Thanks given by:
No, the top one clips in from above but you need the fork fully removed to replace either one.
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 10:51 AM)Toms306 Wrote: No, the top one clips in from above but you need the fork fully removed to replace either one.

That was it.. Couldn't remember
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Why would you need to remove the shaft to do the top one? From memory once the arm is removed the bar is smooth so you can just slide the bush up it and slide the new one back down?

There's a giggidy in that statement somewhere as well
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The bar is smooth but I don't see how you could pull it up with enough force to bend/snap the clips? You could put the new one in easy enough though.
Thanks given by:
You'll have the problem of trying to get the release bearing back in place
Thanks given by:
Don't think you would? Cant see that taking that bush out would give you enough space to remove the arm from behind the release bearing!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
as the top one slides down the shaft and clips in the box can you not just break/drill the clips as they will only be plastic then slide the new down over the shaft OooW mrs!
Thanks given by:
you wont get a new bush in with the shaft in place.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
The clips are inside the bellhousing Paul, theyre at the bottom of the bush so as you push it into place they pop outwards so the bush can't be pulled out again in normal use. I don't know if you could use a slidehammer and screw to pull the bush out somehow though. But chances are they clips would snap and drop in the bellhousing. The release bearing shouldn't come off trying to do this.

Why not Mei? I thought that originally due to the clips needing to push into the area of the shaft but they remembered they have a cut out anyway?

It does seem much less hassle to just pull the 'box off though lol. lol
Thanks given by: