Harness bar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harness bar
Hey guys I'm getting a 106 at the end of the month to covert to a track car (FCS fun Big Grin) when I fit harnesses will I need a harness bar? I can't think of another way to secure the harnesses securely. Any help is appreciated Smile
Thanks given by:
Mounting points for the rear seatbelts/buckles?
Thanks given by:
Harness bars are dubious for MOTs according to some people.
Thanks given by:
theyre fine, as long as its part of a cage...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Not had a problem with mine. Bolts onto the standard front seatbelt mounting points.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tyrah the lap straps I'm bolting where the existing seat belt would be just trying to find points for the shoulder straps, so I could mount the shoulder straps to the rear seat belt mounting points

(02-11-2014, 11:52 AM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Not had a problem with mine. Bolts onto the standard front seatbelt mounting points.

Where did you get yours too mate?
Thanks given by:
harnesses go on the harness bar of the cage.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Attaching them to the upper mount fit the rear belts is not good as they won't hold / pull square if you need then to do a job!

Harness bars as said should only be used when attached to a cage

You will find people on eBay and the like that will make you a bar to connect between the wheel arches. , but the metal here is very thin and won't provide the strength required
Thanks given by:
I've seen 306s with an empty back and just harness bars across the rear arches and they've been thru mots? Friendly garages maybe?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
okay you have a few options....

So for the cheap ass and daily you can get 3 point harnesses and bolt into the original seatbelt bolts and the rear seatbelt holes. Problem is it puts the harness at a steep angle which in a crash could crush you. I believe it should be something like 10 degrees less than horizontal at a maximum!

Other option is to get a 4 point harness and go to a harness bar welded between the rear arches

Another option is to get a 4 point harness and go to a tegiwa harness bar mounted up high behind the seats.

Or the best option is to get a full cage and get the harness bars welded in.
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 03:12 PM)Orta Wrote: I've seen 306s with an empty back and just harness bars across the rear arches and they've been thru mots? Friendly garages maybe?

(02-11-2014, 03:19 PM)SRowell Wrote: okay you have a few options....

So for the cheap ass and daily you can get 3 point harnesses and bolt into the original seatbelt bolts and the rear seatbelt holes. Problem is it puts the harness at a steep angle which in a crash could crush you. I believe it should be something like 10 degrees less than horizontal at a maximum!

Other option is to get a 4 point harness and go to a harness bar welded between the rear arches

Another option is to get a 4 point harness and go to a tegiwa harness bar mounted up high behind the seats.

Thing is you need to weld a lot if extra material in to the wheel arches to make them strong enough not to be ripped apart in the event of an accident TV
Thanks given by:
Do it properly or not at all. A mate of mine died because of it. He had a bar welded in across the rear arches, crashed, it it ripped most of the arch off with the bar
Thanks given by:
May have to get a half cage or something with a harness bar welded in

(02-11-2014, 03:19 PM)SRowell Wrote: okay you have a few options....

I can't find a tegiwa harness bar for a 106, is there any that fit?
Thanks given by:
get a cage, job done
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 06:36 PM)welshpug Wrote: get a cage, job done

I'll see if I can get one cheaper than £500 seems a bit much for how often it will be used
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 06:40 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

I'll see if I can get one cheaper than £500 seems a bit much for how often it will be used

If its only for the track.. Then 500 to save your life is nothing lol
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 06:53 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:

If its only for the track.. Then 500 to save your life is nothing lol

Makes a good point...
Thanks given by:
Tegiwa ones are all the same, ignore what its listed for. Cage is obviously going to be the best option but also the most expensive.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Didn't grant bolt his through the arches with a plate on the other side?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 12:04 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Didn't grant bolt his through the arches with a plate on the other side?

Yeah, it ruined his tyres as they caught on the plate IIRC.

Seriously, if you're going track spec and putting buckets in, fit a half cage as a minimum. Otherwise, fit reclining buckets or s16 seats to hold you in, and use the standard seatbelts.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I'll be having buckets and harness soon. Will need something to fit them to.
But don't think I'll have the money straight away for cage. Less I can find one cheap.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Buckets and harnesses in a cage-less car isn't a very clever idea in my opinion.

In the event of a rollover, you're fixed in place and can't duck your head out of the way - which isn't great as if the A/B pillars collapse or the roof caves in, your neck gets broken.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 12:24 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 12:04 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Didn't grant bolt his through the arches with a plate on the other side?

Yeah, it ruined his tyres as they caught on the plate IIRC.

Seriously, if you're going track spec and putting buckets in, fit a half cage as a minimum. Otherwise, fit reclining buckets or s16 seats to hold you in, and use the standard seatbelts.

I used bolts that were too long lmao

They were fine when sorted out. I've had the car supported from a block and tackle, off the garage roof using that harness bar just to prove a point. Nothing budged.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:

Perhaps, but spending money on only a bit of the kit you need to be safe and ending up less safe than you would have been with standard seatbelts and seats isn't exactly a good investment either.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 05:29 PM)RetroPug Wrote:

Perhaps, but spending money on only a bit of the kit you need to be safe and ending up less safe than you would have been with standard seatbelts and seats isn't exactly a good investment either.

Fair point I'll just have to suck it up and buy a cage Smile
Thanks given by:
Half cage isnt too pricey or heavy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
They's a cage on the 6 forum atm for £300 if anyone s interested.

I brought my safety devices cage for £220 which was a pretty epic deal Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 11:05 PM)7057sam Wrote: They's a cage on the 6 forum atm for £300 if anyone s interested.

I brought my safety devices cage for £220 which was a pretty epic deal Smile

Where did you get your cage from?
Thanks given by:
Nathan get some insurance quotes before you get a cage as alot of insurers refuse to cover them as they assume that if you fit a cage then you must be driving like you need a cage.

I would consider using the standard rear seat belt mounting points to mount your harnesses as they are ahead of the crumple zones although they aren't as good as using a cage to mount them off they will be as good if not better than a harness bar.

(03-11-2014, 12:51 PM)Grant Wrote: They were fine when sorted out. I've had the car supported from a block and tackle, off the garage roof using that harness bar just to prove a point. Nothing budged.

Doesn't prove alot. The forces in a crash will be so much greater than having half the cars weight supported off it.
Thanks given by:
half cage is pointless.

some insurers quote less if you have a cage fitted.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  door harness on service box bashbarnard 3 1,111 11-05-2017, 06:16 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard