Drivers Vent Pods - Any Interest?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers Vent Pods - Any Interest?
As ive been trying to get hold of one and no one seems to be particularly making them now.. I decided to make my own..

I made my own for my old 306 and turned out really well so thought balls to it and started making another...

Dont want to be stepping on anyones toes, but if there would be plenty of interest i may make some up for people, you send me the vent and give me a couple of days to a week depending on my shifts and i could make a vent...

Would only be the drivers side pod as i havent ever made the center one.

Will get some pics up once ive finished it, just waiting on the filller to dry...

May not be 100% but if this turns out like my last one they should look the part

Cheers

Chris
Thanks given by:
I did PM you back the other day, did you get it? :think:
Thanks given by:
Might want to put up how my how much you plan to charge for this service.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Dan! I got your reply after i went out and got some stuff to crack on and do it... tbh im impatient... And like i say i dont want to be standing on anyones toes so if this is something you are doing everyone please use dan...

And Jake, i dont want to be making any money from this to be honest its just something i wanted to do for myself and at the time didnt see anyone else making them.

----------------

Right, Ive made myself another pod took a few pics along the way..

Firstly cut away all the center of the vent to allow room to mount the tube and fixed the tube into position and allowed to set..

[Image: 2012-04-12194808.jpg]

Then applied some filler to the front and waited for it to set..

[Image: 2012-04-12194756.jpg]

Kept sanding down untill it was smooth, applying abit more filler to certain areas as needed...

[Image: 2012-04-13101943.jpg]

Then i gave it a lick of filler primer to show any areas that needed more work...

[Image: 2012-04-13102230.jpg]

As you can see, plenty of places need resanding...

[Image: 2012-04-13104337.jpg]

Resanded and got it to a suitable state to paint...

[Image: 2012-04-13135236.jpg]

Few layers of satin black and left to set...

Wired it up and slid the boost gauge into the tube and fitted it to the car... Ignore the badly aligned heater vent slider, i was rushing and didnt line it up correctly...

[Image: 2012-04-13161740.jpg]
[Image: 2012-04-13161748.jpg]

Like i say it isnt perfect, and im a little annoyed about the small bit on the lower left that could have done with a touch more sanding but im back to work tomorrow and wanted it fitted and finished so i rushed at the very end so will be back out next week to redo the corner Smile

But all in all im impressed Smile
Thanks given by:
looks smart mate, done a good job on it :clap:
[Image: Pugsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
made one of these ages ago, carbon wraped it, gonna remove it again thou as the gauge doesnt work now lol
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
is that the first one you've done. dont look bad at all.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
2nd... made one about 3 years ago for my old 306
Thanks given by:
looks good...ps WAY TOOOOOO much filler on the underneath but other than that good job for reference i was charging £20 for single and £25 for double centre vent
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
its not filler... its just like an adhesive bonding stuff... i just put plenty on to make sure it didnt move and crack the filler... overkill no doubt but anyway Smile
Thanks given by:
will you do mine please mate?
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Climate control vent switching weka 2 1,742 18-05-2018, 10:50 PM
Last Post: weka
  Speakers that fit in the rear pods? JTaylor2005 6 1,577 20-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Vent Problems eamon 0 937 03-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Last Post: eamon