metal rocker covers???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
metal rocker covers???
Is there any known metal rocker covers for hdi engines? Would love A set of polished covers
Thanks given by:
There is only one rocker cover on the hdi and you cant even see it in the engine bay Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Polish the original one....Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Link us to this amazing plastic to metal polish you have? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It's called brasso. Works a treat for polishing hard plastics

Failingthat get it chromed...
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Didnt know if the xud one would fit, just dislike the look of the plastic crap as would mind ditching the plastic cover
Thanks given by:
Paint it satin black, do the same for other engine bits, like the fuse box etc and it will look smart and dandy ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You lost me at smart and dandy Wink
[attachment=19783]
Thanks given by:
What a mess Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Haha Tongue
Thanks given by:
I've been interested for a while in possibly designing billet ally rocker cover...

They won't be cheap, but if people would be interested I would look into getting one designed... Would get them designed with proper fittings for breather system (AN fittings etc), you'd need quite a bit modified to fit one... I've got the designed mocked up in my head... But could be turned into something possibly...

I'd get them designed probably for a different oil cap fitment - possibly the Honda style ones as there's a few good options for those.

I'm more than expecting people to baulk at the cost as they're probably worth more than peoples cars.... But if people get over the fact that it is feasible to spend money on 306s and yes you're not going to get it back... They would be win.

Oh - and possibly a billet injector wiring loom harness clip.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Hmmmm... im intrested and young, dumb and got too much money Big Grin sketch ups??
When you say stuff would need modifying to support it are we just talking about the an breather fittings? That was the reason i was looking into metal rockers
Thanks given by:
I don't get why you'd do that?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, essentially I'd make them so they have proper sized AN fittings on top, can put them really wherever, you'll just need to run an external check valve like the XUD uses. I'll see what I can think of...

Need to get hold of one, do some measurements and see what I can mock up...

Welshpug - the plastic ones do look naff as feck! Not to mention the breather fittings are awkward as hell.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
easy to fit an fitting to the plastic ones, use bulkhead or fuel tank fittings

far better sealing than the alloy xu/xud ones.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metal intake pipe to turbo pug306driver 0 636 01-06-2021, 08:06 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  2.0 HDI Cambelt Tensioner Plastic vs Metal Tom85 3 1,356 24-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  HDi Rocker Replacement Toms306 12 2,305 15-10-2015, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Toms306