HDi Rocker Replacement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Rocker Replacement
Afternoon,

Ok, so say I hypothetically forgot that I'd bid a silly low amount on a belt snapper HDi and accidentally ended up winning it... Itwasntme lol

I'm guessing it'll only need a rocker or two changing, my last belt snapper would've only needed one. But I've never really done any head work though I've obviously stripped them and know how it all goes together. Can I just replace the broken rockers (or does it have to be all of them?), and is it better to use used ones with presumably similar wear than brand new ones?

Depending on the answers to the above, does anyone have some HDi rockers they could post me? It's not urgent as I have a few other 'projects' on the go at the moment. I'll probably also need a decent crank pulley as I'm betting thats failed.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Ooo, back in the game again then Tom Wink

Change them all whilst youre there, are you flogging it after fixing?
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
It will be sold after fixing yes, but it won't be up to my usual mintyness when sold. As long as it runs and passes MOT that'll do me. Got other things to be getting on with atm lol.
Thanks given by:
You COULD just replace the broken ones and COULD replace them with used items, i wouldn't advise either action, but that's up to you. I probably have some at home, will look later. Drop us a text as a remimder about 6pm.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
yay! Pictures tom!
Thanks given by:
no point replacing the good ones, how much are new?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2015, 01:16 PM)Poodle Wrote: You COULD just replace the broken ones and COULD replace them with used items, i wouldn't advise either action, but that's up to you. I probably have some at home, will look later. Drop us a text as a remimder about 6pm.

Only just seen this so couldn't drop you a reminder, my bad.

Why wouldn't you advise it though? Are the others likely to have been damaged? When the belt snaps surely the camshaft stops almost immediately so only one or two valves will hit pistons?

I just want it fixed as cheaply and easily as possible so if I can get away with it, I will - I probably wouldn't if it was my own car admittedly.

(14-10-2015, 01:28 PM)Eeyore Wrote: yay! Pictures tom!

It's a rough old moonstone DTurbo HDi with a dirty LX interior... Confused Maybe it'll look better in daylight. lol

(14-10-2015, 02:09 PM)welshpug Wrote: no point replacing the good ones, how much are new?

I was thinking that, don't see how the good looking ones would be damaged at all. I don't know how much they are new...you're the servicebox expert. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Well i forgot, so there you go haha. Tongue I'll try and remember after work.

I'm probably wrong, but for the work involved and what the rockers cost i'd just replace the lot. But that's me, what you're suggesting would probably be fine tbf.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Haha, oh well, as I say not urgent! lol

I won't even get the chance to pull the covers off until the weekend tbh.
Thanks given by:
Dturbo HDI is 3 door isnt it? If its 5 door you can have a mint half leather interior cheap.
Thanks given by:
It's one of the 'rare' 5dr DTurbo HDi's.....so rare I've owned 3 of them now, all in same awful colour too. lol Should have the sports cloth with blue writing.

I may take that leather interior for it if I can get it running cheap enough. Smile Will also need a complete moonstone drivers door if you happen to see one locally. Oh, it also needs a parcel shelf if you have one of those spare still. And the lower steering cowling is completely missing...I'm pretty sure you'll have one of those though lol. As I say it's not the best, need to work out whether it's worth fixing to sell or just remove a few good bits and scrap the rest to break even.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2015, 10:42 AM)Toms306 Wrote: It's one of the 'rare' 5dr DTurbo HDi's.....so rare I've owned 3 of them now, all in same awful colour too. lol  Should have the sports cloth with blue writing.

I may take that leather interior for it if I can get it running cheap enough. Smile  Will also need a complete moonstone drivers door if you happen to see one locally.  Oh, it also needs a parcel shelf if you have one of those spare still.  And the lower steering cowling is completely missing...I'm pretty sure you'll have one of those though lol.  As I say it's not the best, need to work out whether it's worth fixing to sell or just remove a few good bits and scrap the rest to break even.

yeh ive got all of those and need to move out of grans so it all needs to go so ill sort you out Smile
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers Sam. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  metal rocker covers??? dr_jekyll 14 1,755 29-10-2014, 11:06 PM
Last Post: welshpug