206 gti steering wheel?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
206 gti steering wheel?
Hi guys, will the steering wheel from a 206 gti fit straight into my Rallye without cutting any trim/cowling? I believe there may also be an issue with the airbag?? Any one have any experience with this please boys and girls?

cheers
Thanks given by:
No, not without cowling cutting.

I also found the issue that its less dished so sits further away from the driver.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 08:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: No, not without cowling cutting.

I also found the issue that its less dished so sits further away from the driver.

What a shitter, really like the style to be honest, thanks for the heads up though bud, there's two 206's at my local scrappy with these steering wheels in. Whilst your here did you get your head gasket sorted Mr.P? I'm 'in the trade' as you put it, but due to this bloody 100 post thing, i couldn't get in touch with you. I even hijacked your reply in the front splitter thread you posted on in an attempt to contact you. arrrrrrrggggghhhhhh lol.
Thanks given by:
No worries. Tried all my connections and got an elring in the end.
I tried the newer style 206 wheel coz i really like the design

You could make it fit but I rekon would need a custom small adapter to lift the bolt on flange out a couple inches
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 08:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: No worries. Tried all my connections and got an elring in the end.
I tried the newer style 206 wheel coz i really like the design

You could make it fit but I rekon would need a custom small adapter to lift the bolt on flange out a couple inches

ok as long as your sorted bud. Re the wheel, nothing's bloody straight forward anymore eh! i'm going for an early S16 3 spoke leather one i've found, needs a good clean and has a small gash in it, but as rare as fook. I have a piccy if it works?

http://s18.postimage.org/dl8k09je1/SDC11075.jpg
Thanks given by:
[Image: SDC11075.jpg]

There ya go.

Yeah they are cool

You will need a airbag resistor though I woukd think Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Oh nice one, yeah been told about the airbag resistor bud, cheers for the heads up though.
Thanks given by:
Ummm I fitted a 206 gti wheel in my old white estate. Went straight in, even the airbag connector was the same.
The only problem was that the indicator cancel part is in a different position on the 206 so they didn't self cancel.

Looked really good too!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
How?!

Was it a early gti one or late one?

I had the later type and the splines didnt match and without removing the cowling it missed the shaft by about an inch short!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Must of been an early one with the weird air bag which does fit in the 306. The later one doesn't. I tried it in a scrap yard. Shame because the missus 206 has one in and its much nicer than the wheel in the 306!
In theory, you should be able to connect the 306 air bag connector to the 1st stage and then bridge it across to the 2nd stage. That way it will operate as a single stage airbag. Resistances and firing voltages could be different though :/
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah I really like the later wheel. Nice feel, nice shape.

Shame
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As londondan86 said the earlier 206 gti leather steering wheel goes straight in. Same plug for the airbag too. Just the indicator cancellation sits slightly different so doesnt work as it should. Mine was in a 2001 hdi

Here is mine fitted

[Image: f762b7fc369c1b52a770522cde749566.jpg]

This is a guide i did on 306.net might help
http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...p?t=145112
Thanks given by:
This ^^ Must have been an early one too then that I had. Still looked and felt much better than the 306 one
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Looks quite nice actually!
Thanks given by:
Good to know the early one fits ThumbsUp

I cant stand it but at least its different than the usual gti 3spoker!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looks and feels much better than the standard shite rubber thing lol
Thanks given by:
[quote='Piggy' pid='484726' dateline='1414184010']
[Image: SDC11075.jpg]

Well looks like i've won one of these of fleabay, only been looking for one for 12 months! its got a small gash in the back of it to be honest, but was cheap so i'm thinking of having it maybe recovered, anybody know any where to have this done at all??

cheers

[Image: f762b7fc369c1b52a770522cde749566.jpg]

Looks nice Mr.HD, so when you say the 'early ones' what year cars does that include bud, as i said in an earlier post, there's a local scrappy with two 206 quicksilver's in at the moment, and both have these wheels iirc, but i didn't take notice of what years they are.

thanks
Thanks given by:
I think like 1998 til 2001 maybe 2002. I am sure someone will be along to correct me.
Thanks given by:
ok thanks mate.
Thanks given by:
Easy enough to see the difference to be honest ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steering wheel NaughtonGAA 11 4,869 06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  Aftermarket steering wheel 328isport 3 1,646 04-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Eeyore