Nissen Radiator Cap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nissen Radiator Cap
So my saga continues..... I will drive this car and not SORN it when tax runs out at end of month Tongue

The slam panel gets in way of radiator cap (see photo) and because of OH moaning I threw away old radiator. Cap and all.

Thoughts please?

Mr Sliced Hands and Hungover from Glasgow
Thanks given by:
Yeah i just fitted a new Nissans rad which came with that cap. Mine would only spin because my rad doesn't sit where they do as standard BUT the bloody cap wouldn't fit right anyway! So i went back to using the original pug one. They are about £6 from pug.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Is there any way those shiny nissens ones will fit an oem rad? would look good in my bay.
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2014, 06:39 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah i just fitted a new Nissans rad which came with that cap. Mine would only spin because my rad doesn't sit where they do as standard BUT the bloody cap wouldn't fit right anyway! So i went back to using the original pug one. They are about £6 from pug.
Thanks again Niall. I guess I'll have to wait till next week to get her started!

Just to check tho the pug one doesn't have 'ears' so fits?

What pressure does it release at, 1.4? I might see if motor factor near me which opens on a Sunday has a round one.
Thanks given by:
Not sure tbh man. I just bunged mine on and chucked the Nissens one to the back of the shed in a tantrum lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2014, 07:12 PM)Niall Wrote: Not sure tbh man. I just bunged mine on and chucked the Nissens one to the back of the shed in a tantrum lol
No worries. I know that feeling well!!! Blush
Thanks given by:
Just cut a lump out of the slam panel, everyone knows it's +5bhp for every shiny item you add...
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2014, 09:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Just cut a lump out of the slam panel, everyone knows it's +5bhp for every shiny item you add...
I like your thinking.

Wish I had the tools
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure mine sits at 90 degrees to yours when closed but I'll have a look later.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2014, 08:16 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Pretty sure mine sits at 90 degrees to yours when closed but I'll have a look later.
Yeah it's just that I can't get it on because the Nissen radiator spout sits closer to slam panel.
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2014, 08:33 AM)MisterGTR Wrote:
(19-10-2014, 08:16 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Pretty sure mine sits at 90 degrees to yours when closed but I'll have a look later.
Yeah it's just that I can't get it on because the Nissen radiator spout sits closer to slam panel.

Ahh right, mine doesn't sit nearly that close.
Unclip the top bracket clip things that hold it to the slam panel, push it towards the inlet manifold so that the top pivots away from the panel and then twist the cap on? Should easily be able to shove it 5mm back to twist it on??
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2014, 09:27 AM)RetroPug Wrote:
(19-10-2014, 08:33 AM)MisterGTR Wrote:

Ahh right, mine doesn't sit nearly that close.
Unclip the top bracket clip things that hold it to the slam panel, push it towards the inlet manifold so that the top pivots away from the panel and then twist the cap on? Should easily be able to shove it 5mm back to twist it on??
Fek, why didn't I think of that!!!

Thanks again!!

On with the waterproofs.....
Thanks given by: