205 Turbo D. GT2052S. Bosch 9mm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 Turbo D. GT2052S. Bosch 9mm
What is driveability like with the closer ratios? Plan to do the swap on my own 205.
Thanks given by:
It goes well with that box but I suspect the turbo may have something to do with that!
It does seem closer ratioed than a 306 box i suppose but not massively different really that I have noticed so far, felt similar when it was standard to a 306 box but feels a bit shorter now.
That said, I have barely been into 4th with it round here, so twisty and I have only been driving it for fun and testing out really.
Thanks given by:
Mine goes just over 40 in 2nd on 13 inch steels. Couldn't tell you the rpm haven't fitted my stdt clocks yet. seems to rev quite high at 70 in 5th though, will still go off the clock mind Smile I bought a 306 box for mine for a longer 5th gear to bring the revs down. What size wheels are you running on your 7 box?
Thanks given by:
14" 1.6 GTI alloys mate.

No idea what speeds in what gear, never looked really, will have a look for comparison. I feel it does more than 40 in 2nd though.

Not bothered by motorway cruising speeds or anything like efficiency TBH, its just a car for messing about with, in fact if it had a '6 box on I wouldn't be too bothered as I just want to rag it through the gears and get gone PDQ.
If it was a daily it would be different.
Thanks given by:
[Image: Photo0511-2.jpg]

So, yeah.

Spot the steam pissing out. lol

It is going into winter hibernation for a little while whilst I build up an XUD9 with all the bits needed to hold it together to stop this happening again and get the VNT fabbed up to fit.
Thanks given by:
Did you have to do any hammering to the bulk head to persuade the new turbo in? Shame about the 7 block :z
Thanks given by:
Oh dear.
Ah well, out with the crappy 7, in with the beef of a 9 Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2014, 07:16 PM)randomcaller Wrote: Did you have to do any hammering to the bulk head to persuade the new turbo in? Shame about the 7 block :z

No, didnt have to modify anything in the bay to make it fit, just a lot of trial and error to get it clocked right and the actuator in the right place.

(02-12-2014, 07:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: Oh dear.
Ah well, out with the crappy 7, in with the beef of a 9 Smile

Yeah, knew it wouldnt last long, onwards and upwards n all that.

Smile

Take this as a note, all who are planning a GT20 series turbo upgrade, you WILL lift the head without decent head studs, even as de tuned as mine is to stop epic clutch ra*e it has still happened. Alright so I have been driving it hard for short journeys but it was still inevitable.
I knew it the first time I took it up the road.
Thanks given by:
Does the header tank help at all ? Like why is there one in the 205 but not the 306 and yet many posts about air locks at the top of the head.
Does it still give no place for the air to escape ?
Thanks given by:
I'm still using the normal 205 coolant tank on mine and its fine.

I can't remember what turbo you run, is it a 52 or a 56? Every time I look at this thread it pushes me to build another block over winter Big Grin just the hassle of getting forged rods and Re building the head with new gasket and studs. what sort of psi did you run?
Thanks given by:
Did she coo Cool?
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2014, 09:59 AM)nominous Wrote: Does the header tank help at all ? Like why is there one in the 205 but not the 306 and yet many posts about air locks at the top of the head.
Does it still give no place for the air to escape ?

It is in a better place than on a 306 yeah because it is higher than the engine, on the 306 it is on the slam panel and lower than the engine, so a faff with bleeding.

I haven't drained the coolant so the only air getting in there is from combustion gasses escaping from the block.

It did have orange coolant residue around it when I first got it, so kinda knew it had happened at some point so would most likely happen again, especially as there is no temp gauge at all.

(03-12-2014, 10:43 AM)randomcaller Wrote: I'm still using the normal 205 coolant tank on mine and its fine.

I can't remember what turbo you run, is it a 52 or a 56? Every time I look at this thread it pushes me to build another block over winter Big Grin just the hassle of getting forged rods and Re-building the head with new gasket and studs. what sort of psi did you run?
It's a 52, started off running 23-24 PSI but the clutch wouldn't have it so it was about 19-20 ish when it lifted the head/blew the gasket.

Yeah that is the plan for winter for me, strip down the new block and build it up properly with rods n studs.
My mate in the parts department at Palmers Peugeot has just asked me to quote for some work he wants doing so hopefully we can do a nice deal on some cheap parts for a good price from me.
Thanks given by:
Oh, so you don't have the faff on ? The other 306 issue being the height of the matrix hoses. (my passat has a similar problem tho a ghetto method of bleeding IMHO)
Thanks given by:
A 52 boosts nice and early then? more like a modern car? Does it still keep going good at the top end or start to fade out of puff? Sorry about all the questions buddy
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 07:18 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: So much different to the TD04 I had.
The TD04 doesn't do much till about 2.5K then gets going properly at about 3.25-3.5K then goes like hell till you run out of bravery.
The GT2052s just boosts straight away from no revs and seems to blow long enough that I haven't run out of puff through the range really. You are on boost straight away in the next gear, no waiting like the Scooby 'bine.
It's a bit of fannying about to get that particular one fitted, I did wonder if it was worth it, but it SO is.
Thanks given by:
Just had a spin in my GT2052S / 11mm and it just slips the clutch constantly...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Yep, shitter isn't it.
At least you have ARPs to keep your head held down. Wink

I found if I turned the fuel down and kept it to about 19 psi it wasn't so bad but it was still there.
Thanks given by:
New Valeo clutch friction plate arrived, probs not upto the job but worth a shout for a tenner.
Winter hibernation starts tomorrow, will be inna garage for at least 2 months.maybe more.

Much turbo, many diesel.
You like.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
New engine collected tomorrow.

New turbo(s) in shed.

New garage to keep in.

In old news, the gasket is deffo shot, ran it up today and within 2 mins it was pressurised and spewing coolant from the expansion tank.
Won't be run anymore until it has an XUD9TE in it.

XUD7 with GT20 will be getting bodged back together and thrown in the Berlingo with a Lucas.
Never had a worse engine than a DW8, even though I have tweaked the pump, it is as slow as Friday afternoon and supps diesel like an engine twice its size.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, dw8 is awful.
I rekon the 1.5diesel nad is waaaaay better!

Mrs piggys 206 dw8 would barely do 40mpg and was SOOOOOO painfully slow!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
And I bet Mrs Piggys 206 wasn't as heavy as an empty Berlingo.

Let alone pretty much floor to ceiling with tools and crap.

DW8 Pump is a bit FUBARed and clutch is almost dead so it is ready for the scrapheap really, as long as I haven't done too much damage to the XUD7 it will make it a fun van to drive when it is swapped.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I am running a valeo In mine and seams to be holding up pretty well at the mo not sure how long lol but far cheaper than a cg 
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Yeah I do have a new Valeo to go in when the next lump is built up. Just have to see what happens.

Are you running a GT2256V like the one I bought off you? What sort of spool times does it give you?

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Mine will spool from about 2 all the way to well how brave you are lol the boost guage will go from nothing to 22psi in about 2 seconds and driving in the rain is very interesting touch the throttle round a corner and it spins I would advise Sen good rubber up the front. Have some crapy tires at the mo and it will sit on the spot in 3rd gear spinning I would say in a 205 it's gonna be one hell of a weapon 

Thanks given by:
That is pretty much what the smaller GT2052s does, although you will have more top end.

I kinda hoped the bigger turbo may be less stress on the clutch but I suppose the vanes will kick it in nice and early.

You have 2259 in your sig, did I get a 2256 or 2259 from you then?

The chap from Brentacre also said the same as you, "in a 205, that'll be a proper weapon!" haha!

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2014, 09:36 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: That is pretty much what the smaller GT2052s does, although you will have more top end.

I kinda hoped the bigger turbo may be less stress on the clutch but I suppose the vanes will kick it in nice and early.

You have 2259 in your sig, did I get a 2256 or 2259 from you then?

The chap from Brentacre also said the same as you, "in a 205, that'll be a proper weapon!" haha!

Yep yours was the 56 I only looked in to mine proper the other day and it's a 59 the merc turbos don't say what they are so I found out from the merc part number can't see there being much unit between the 2 are you gearbox mouthing or gonna squeeze it down the back 

Thanks given by:
How are you not spinning that valeo?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Gonna be a gearbox effort.

Not bothered too much what it is, just wondered when I saw your sig change.
It is a fair bit bigger than standard and that is all that matters!

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2014, 03:47 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Gonna be a gearbox effort.

Not bothered too much what it is, just wondered when I saw your sig change.
It is a fair bit bigger than standard and that is all that matters!

Yep it's gonna be a good project I would say what sort of manifold you going for are you hoping to get it done for French car show 

Thanks given by:
Soz, didn't mean to ignore you dude, didn't see your reply!

Unsure on manifold, got a Xantia jobby and the one I had modded, may use another one entirely, I'm not decided yet.

I would like to get to a show or two this year and FCS would be high on the list if I can get it together in time.
Just need $$$ now to make some more win happen. Bad time of year to be a self employed builder.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by: