205 Turbo D. GT2052S. Bosch 9mm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 Turbo D. GT2052S. Bosch 9mm
Mr Muscle oven cleaner and Gunk degreaser after that.

A glitch in the matrix happened. Ignore this.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm.
That pitting isnt great is it Undecided

But its just an xud in a 205...lash on!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
True.
It'll go on, was never meant to be permanent anyway.

Bit gutted, looked good, typical ebay I suppose.
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 02:43 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Mr Muscle oven cleaner and Gunk degreaser after that.

A glitch in the matrix happened. Ignore this.

Oven cleaner...?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, read it on the interweb.
Worked well.
Thanks given by:
+1 on mr muscle. Ive heard of people spraying the stuff down the egr etc to clean sticky vanes!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Worked really well, spray it on and it foams up and you can instantly see black crap lifting off it.
Left it for a while and cleaned it off with Gunk and a paintbrush and it was shiny again.

In other news, looks like the 22V is at the post office for collection, I'm not at work today so I'm off to get that then I'm off to the scrap yard to find me an intercooler, maybe some pipes and whatever else I like the look of.
Hopefully get the 52s on this weekend, no adapters made for VNTs yet.
Thanks given by:
Started to pull it apart for Turbo fitment today.
The biggest problem I face is that the XUD7 has a pulley operated vacuum pump off the head which attaches to the inlet manifold.
Not sure how to get around this at the moment. I have a couple of ideas but not sure if either will workout yet.

Some pics anyway.

[Image: Photo0466.jpg]

[Image: Photo0465.jpg]

[Image: Photo0467.jpg]

[Image: Photo0468.jpg]

[Image: Photo0469.jpg]

[Image: Photo0470.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Like this alot Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Bad day.
Welded exhaust elbow massively wrong, got confused and used the wrong marker.
Result is about 3 hours more work.
Inlet manifold is at a welding shop, having a new intake put on and the old one blocked up, can't see a way around the mounting point for the vac pump being on it so have opted to have it modded.
They have not priced it yet so it may be too expensive but other options are available
Could use a vac pump off a newer style engine but the power steering is also driven from it. Could sack off the PAS but I would like to keep it if possible.

One problem at a time and it will get there.
Anybody who wants to sell me an XUD9 for peanuts P.M me. I've spent all my money on turbos.
Thanks given by:
Inlet is back from the welding shop. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

This is the bracket that the vac pump goes on.

[Image: Photo0474.jpg]

[Image: Photo0475.jpg]

Not really removable so opted to have this done instead.

[Image: Photo0473.jpg]

[Image: Photo0472.jpg]

There is more tube than I need on there, gonna mock it all up, cut it where I need it, then take it back and they will put a bead of weld around it for me. Easier than mole grips n stuff and they wont charge me any more.

Cost £40 to have done BTW.

Also, exhaust manifold is fitted to car with hotside attached, just need to fettle cold side and connect it all up. Maybe test drive this weekend.
Thanks given by:
£40 for welding a bit of straight pipe onto the mani and blocking EGR? o.O
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
You think that expensive?
No EGR, was the original intake.
Where they have moved it to there was another lump of metal, a mounting point, I assume, for the original air feed, which was cut off and ground flat before the hole was cut.

If it was my welding shop I would want £40 for that minimum.

In my trade, the small cash jobs are your drinking money, can barely get pissed for less than that these days. Unless you drink on your own.
Thanks given by:
Welding alloy is expensive, dont think 40 quid was too bad
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ninja
Thanks given by:
GT2052s is fitted, intercooler is fitted, have run it up and it makes boost.
Trial fitted front end and all pipes are clearing bodywork.
Tomorrows job is to make rad brackets for the lower position and give it hell.

My intercooler routing/pipework is heroic.
PioneerDJPaddy, you better watch out, I'm after your crown as the boss bodger. Rofl
Thanks given by:
Yes! Photos/vid are a must.
Thanks given by:
Well a lot has happened very fast D:
Thanks given by:
I love 205's and have had a few n/a diesels, fantastic little cars. Even the n/a versions go well and with GTi front suspension and speedlines, they handle great as well (as I'm sure many of you already know.)
Anyway, great thread, following this one.

Will
Thanks given by:
Coooooooomon!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Be with you shortly.
Went out Saturday night and got absolutely wrecked, spent all Sunday very nearly dead so still need to do a couple of bits and report back with pics.
Thanks given by:
getting there danny, and high five for the blue interior too!
Thanks given by:
Cheers Procta , sticking at it and it's getting there now.
Blue interior FTW!

Right, so before the weekend I was made aware the house move is happening sooner than thought so I had to get the car back together somehow, anyhow.
As I had chopped a lot of stuff up and blocked some other bits off, it wouldn't go back as it was, so I set about doing it scrapheap challenge style and using just about everything I had laying about in my shed/workshop/garden.
Didn't buy a single thing to do this apart from the cooler itself and the two bits of pipe that were attached to it, even the jubilees were just ones I had in stock.

So in all its epicness, here is what I came up with.

[Image: Photo0490.jpg]

[Image: Photo0487.jpg]

[Image: Photo0486.jpg]

[Image: Photo0489.jpg]

RoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

This is obviously not gonna last forever and is to make the car drivable again untill I get a proper kit bought.

Unsurprisingly, when out for a test drive I had a boost leak but not from where I was expecting it.
When welding the turbo to the manifold I had left the three original mounting holes open and they were pissing exhaust gases everywhere and I had caught one side of the MBC hose and knacked it so I took it all apart again and grabbed the Bosch out the shed and whacked it on before the Mrs saw it as I promised her no more work would be done till after the move, but, you know.

[Image: Photo0495.jpg]

[Image: Photo0496.jpg]

Gave it all a quick spruce up.

[Image: Photo0498.jpg]

[Image: Photo0499.jpg]

And that is how I left it tonight
Nearly there now with this turbo and it will probably stay on it for a few months till house move is over and I have somewhere to work on it set up again as I am taking my shed/workshop with me I have to pack all my tools away for a bit.

Out.
Thanks given by:
love it Tongue especially the exhaust clamp on the inlet.

though I would keep an eye out for a fresh radiator
Thanks given by:
Jobs a good'un Smile
Thanks given by:
I spotted that cheeky exhaust clamp too Tongue got the same on the backbox on my prison system on my 205. It's all about the interior Big Grin sadly my lovely blue denim seats were chewed up but I'm still repping the door cards and carpet!
Thanks given by:
So much win here!
Thanks given by:
Those boost pipes look a lot like drain piping. Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
nice lashup
Thanks given by:
Shweeeet
Wishes for more power...