Tom's TDCi Titanium X...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's TDCi Titanium X...
Hmm, that sucks for him! Confused

I must admit, I do worry about it on certain bumps, there are parts of the A14 where one road surface meets another and they just fill the gap in between, but obviously over time and with it being a main lorry route the gap sinks and leaves a sharp dip. You feel it right through your spine and I always wince in case the airbag pops! lol
Thanks given by:
id be killed if an airbag went off, as I am only a short arse.
Thanks given by:
Prefer the 3 spoke wheel Undecided

But I guess they don't do 3 spoker with cruise!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I prefer the feel of a 4 spoke myself tbh, but no they don't do a the 3 spoke with cruise.
Thanks given by:
On the situation on removing filter from the oil line for turbo, it's not easy to get to the dpf has to come off, I've removed mine on my Picasso 1.6 hdi ordered new oil line and the new design filter so I'll get pics up to show you difference between the two when it comes.

Thanks given by:
was the wiring for the cruise control already there? or did you have to add the wiring into the car loom tom? I know my mates ford focus had the wiring for traction control, somewhere, but we never got around to finding it. as he was going to add the switch and turn it off.
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2014, 03:15 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: On the situation on removing filter from the oil line for turbo, it's not easy to get to the dpf has to come off, I've removed mine on my Picasso 1.6 hdi ordered new oil line and the new design filter so I'll get pics up to show you difference between the two when it comes.

I'd completely forgotten about that tbh! Doing the DPF tomorrow so no time to get one now. Hopefully it'll be fine... Confused

(25-11-2014, 03:21 PM)procta Wrote: was the wiring for the cruise control already there? or did you have to add the wiring into the car loom tom? I know my mates ford focus had the wiring for traction control, somewhere, but we never got around to finding it. as he was going to add the switch and turn it off.

Yeah, Titanium models get the full loom as you could have every option on them from the factory if you wanted, its hit and miss on the lower models so I've read.

I can turn the ESP off from the dash menu so I'm not bothered about a switch, I know people do add them though.
Thanks given by:
are you going to fit every option to this? be great to do so and it would be a cracking little project to do so!
Thanks given by:
Nah, the cost would be astronomical!

Tbh I don't think theres anything else I would want on it though. Dual zone climate can't be retrofitted afaik. Sat nav and DAB would be nice, but I'd barely use them tbh, and the price of the genuine units is ridiculous lol. Oh and rear discs would be good!
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2014, 09:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Nah, the cost would be astronomical!

Tbh I don't think theres anything else I would want on it though. Dual zone climate can't be retrofitted afaik. Sat nav and DAB would be nice, but I'd barely use them tbh, and the price of the genuine units is ridiculous lol. Oh and rear discs would be good!

do it a bit at a time, why not put the sat and dab stuff in? get your self down to the scrappy and keep an eye out. for the bits, you might get a bargain and a half!
Thanks given by:
I'll keep an eye out yeah but I'd rather the same money into a (hopefully) apreciating project car atm. Smile
Thanks given by:
Sooo, today was the DPF change! Not an ideal for it and lots of fails along the way lol. But meh, everyone likes pictures...especially when theres a turbo involved. lol

Soaking wet driveway and stand started sinking immediately so safety first lol 4 stands...

[Image: IMAG4204_zpsffa4add7.jpg]

Remove the undertray T30 bolts

[Image: IMAG4205_zpsd8d50acc.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4206_zps2eed36b0.jpg]

Check that this pipe is screwed in - cheap aftermarkets have welded pipes which would've been a pain!

[Image: IMAG4207_zps0a327bb1.jpg]

Spray penetrating fluid on that and the down pipe nuts and anything else that might be seized.

[Image: IMAG4208_zps9ad29d57.jpg]

Up top again now. Remove engine cover 10mm nuts

[Image: IMAG4209_zps8a7aef58.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4210_zpsba80a309.jpg]

Next remove the airbox for access. It just pulls out but also has a rubber ring at the front and you'll need to remove the turbo and oil breather pipes.

[Image: IMAG4211_zps2cf3f403.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4212_zpsb272d08d.jpg]

Next the metal boost pipe needs removed. Hose clamps each end and a couple of 10mm bolts.

[Image: IMAG4213_zps21c4b142.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4214_zps43cd64f9.jpg]

Next the fan needs removing - Haynes and mechanics have told me that the rad needs removing as well. Sod that lol, brute force got it out eventually!

[Image: IMAG4215_zps7cf6aa21.jpg]

This is the stupid lump of crossmember that completely ruins the excellent quick release design of the fan cowling!

[Image: IMAG4216_zps4e458502.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4221_zps5da0cadb.jpg]

Slightly more room!

[Image: IMAG4222_zps79433158.jpg]

Next remove the temp sensor. 19mm nut.

[Image: IMAG4218_zpsfc866eab.jpg]

Pressure pipes -

[Image: IMAG4219_zps3fa497d5.jpg]

Then the heatshield, 10mms

[Image: IMAG4217_zpscd9a39b6.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4220_zps66aef10f.jpg]

All clear, finally see the DPF itself!

[Image: IMAG4223_zpsb36925a8.jpg]

Remove the rear bolts - try not to round them or panic about them resulting in a forum whinge...

[Image: IMAG4224_zps4cde5f5c.jpg]

Half way through. The garage was clear before I started. lol

[Image: IMAG4225_zps8a940a23.jpg]

[Image: IMAG4226_zpsaa125f89.jpg]

Remove V band clamp, and 10mm nuts securing DPF can. Remove the DPF...over halfway point now!

[Image: IMAG4227_zps454d4736.jpg]

Checked the turbo for play, still fine, phew!

[Image: IMAG4228_zps13899f25.jpg]

Swap lower pipe onto new DPF

[Image: IMAG4229_zps53bd2486.jpg]

Swap rear heatshield onto new DPF.

[Image: IMAG4230_zps82995963.jpg]

And put DPF back, tighten clamp and bolts. And that's as far as I got today! Hopefully finish tomorrow...
Thanks given by:
Well its all back together...now for the test drive... Confused
Thanks given by:
Good luck!!!
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
how did you get the rounded bolt off in the end tom?
Thanks given by:
Tapped a15mm 12 pt socket over it, turned out they were copper so soft enough!

Well it seems to be ok now, warmed it up the gave it a gave it a boot and didn't throw the fault code. Got 65mpg on the way back from the petrol station as well. Will have to see how it goes now!

A few faults/bodges I'm not overly happy with though. Main one being one of the pressure pipes was welded at the wrong angle, so I've had to try and bend it towards the right direction but even still its only ~1mm off the fan cowling when stationary, I'd guess touching under moving forces though. Also means the lower pressure pipe cant be bolted to it so that's touching the heatshield. Shouldn't hurt it but will probably rattle in time. Captive nut for the heatshield lower bolt is damaged (bolt won't go in) so that won't help. The fan cowl has only gone back in 3 of 4 clips, its secure enough but doesn't help clearance issues. And lastly I can hear the turbo whistle...not sure if that's just because the exhaust is clearer, or if somethings leaking.
Thanks given by:
This is the proximity of the top pipe to the fan cowling... Dodgy

[Image: IMAG4236_zpsda5bfeda.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My turbo was louder when I changed the cat for a decat, so I recon its due to the exhaust been clearer.
Thanks given by:
Well youtube ruined the quality of this lol. But this is resetting the DPF values. It specifically says not to force a regen, so I did as I was told lol.

Thanks given by:
Why does youtube ruin the quality!? Never does it to my vids!?
I rekon you're just using a king edward!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2014, 06:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: Why does youtube ruin the quality!? Never does it to my vids!?

Think it depends on your internet connection. If you click on settings whilst watching the video you can up the quality if its been uploaded at a higher quality
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I admit my phone isn't great for vids or pics (despite being 5mp its much worse than my previous camera phone with 2mp!). But all the writing is clear when viewed on the pc. Can barely read it on youtube.

(27-11-2014, 06:40 PM)Niall Wrote:
(27-11-2014, 06:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: Why does youtube ruin the quality!? Never does it to my vids!?

Think it depends on your internet connection. If you click on settings whilst watching the video you can up the quality if its been uploaded at a higher quality

Well that's the first I knew of this!! I've been watching in 144p...no wonder I cant see anything! Its much clearer on 480p. lmao
Thanks given by:
Haha!!
Im on 1.5mb if I'm lucky. If I'm patient I can view 720p but thats a gOOd night!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Pfft...sounds good compared to mine...

[Image: 3943079542.png]
Thanks given by:
Wow that is poor. Your upload is better though!!

Annoyingly .5mile away friends get 10-12mb!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
One benefit of living near london...

[Image: 3941523411.png]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lol, your upload must be terrible then! That's the reason I don't often bother uploading videos tbf, takes hours. Confused

Don't think anyone down here gets decent internet tbh, about as good as the phone signal lol.

(27-11-2014, 09:45 PM)Niall Wrote: One benefit of living near london...

[Image: 3941523411.png]

Is that your home connection or work? Can you send about 10meg this way, you've got so much it wont even notice... lol
Thanks given by:
Thats home. My work connection is just o2 4g but if i go down to the office, they have silly speed internet down there.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I didn't even realise that sort of speed was possible to normal homes lol.
Thanks given by:
Fooby used to have a 1gb connection to his house lol.
Although what I've got is the highest virgin offer to their domestic users.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: