Black Friday

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Friday
(28-11-2014, 02:31 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(28-11-2014, 01:39 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: No they just licence their name to be stuck onto a TV made by some dodgy No-name Chinese manufacturer.

Poloroid collapsed a few years ago, I think they only exist on paper now to licence their name off to be used by other companies.

It's certainly the case with those TV's, I bet getting customer support on them is fun.

There's about 5 or 6 real manufacturers of TVs these days.. They're all copied designs really, all the same processing inside just slightly customised software really.

Even less for the LCD panels, I can only think of LG, Samsung and Phillips that have a fab to make them...

There's a few more than that, and confusingly one maker will used a bunch of different manufacturers for their stuff.
Like Samsung seem to both make LCD screens themselves, but also use a screen for any other manufacturer in one of their TV's.

(28-11-2014, 02:49 PM)procta Wrote: I think poloroid may have took over the sanyo market too, as practically all the supermarkets used to sell them,

Sanyo got bought out by Panasonic a few years back, so maybe the new owners decided a change of direction or something?
Thanks given by:
remember Daewoo stuff?
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 02:57 PM)procta Wrote: remember Daewoo stuff?

Daewoo went belly up in spectacular fashion about 15 years ago, after bankruptcy and stuff they now concentrate on other areas.
I think they do fridge's, washers and a bunch of industrial stuff now.
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 05:04 PM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(28-11-2014, 02:57 PM)procta Wrote: remember Daewoo stuff?

Daewoo went belly up in spectacular fashion about 15 years ago, after bankruptcy and stuff they now concentrate on other areas.
I think they do fridge's, washers and a bunch of industrial stuff now.

i think most of their stuff is called DW now or something, their microwaves etc were very trouble some, but they were the cheapest stuff you could buy on the market at the time. cheaper than the none named branded stuff.
Thanks given by:
sad to see people fighting in shops..........I would be embarrassed to see anybody I knew on tv acting like a caveman grappling for something to eat ?? buying end of line sh*te to impress the neighbours when they leave the empty boxes out for the binman ???
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 06:50 PM)daddyfixit Wrote: sad to see people fighting in shops..........I would be embarrassed to see anybody I knew on tv acting like a caveman grappling for something to eat ?? buying end of line sh*te to impress the neighbours when they leave the empty boxes out for the binman ???

Last year, I was told it was frightening been at work, as it got out of control with in seconds! people were trod on if they fell over, 3 stores in the north east had to close for a couple of hour due to the frights and damage!
Now everyone has got on the band wagon so more people will get hurt!
fuckin americans have a lot to answer for!
Thanks given by:
I'm sure next year people will just be going for a fight with no intention of buying things.
Thanks given by:
Basingstoke tescos had to be closed from people getting trampled on
Thanks given by:
People are wankers these days!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 08:11 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I'm sure next year people will just be going for a fight with no intention of buying things.

Was tempting
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 08:52 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Basingstoke tescos had to be closed from people getting trampled on

the frightening thing is fellas, as dum dum said they will do it all again next year, no matter who gets hurt in the process.
Thank asda for bringing it into action last year!
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2014, 08:58 PM)Connor Wrote:
(28-11-2014, 08:11 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I'm sure next year people will just be going for a fight with no intention of buying things.

Was tempting

Just gonna make sure I'm night shift next year Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Friday Bargains rocker8742 14 3,748 26-11-2016, 11:36 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  Black Friday Deals! Eeyore 25 4,098 30-11-2015, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Eeyore