A brief introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A brief introduction
Wink 
Hi there!

Technically I don't currently own a 306 Confused but have owned one in the past (D-turbo which I regret selling) and currently have a 205 which is close enough Big Grin

So anyway i'm in the process of tuning/blowing up my current XUD engine by adding too much power and hope to soon build a stronger one to drop in when the conrod inevitably goes into outer space!

I know there are some XUD enthusiasts on the forum so thought I would join up in preparation for my questions in the future Smile

Hopefully I have attached a picture of the 205, but as this is my first post its very likely that ive done it wrong...

Brief spec of the car is:

205 STDT with original 1.8 XUD7 engine
Custom front mount Audi S3 intercooler
VGT Garrett something turbocharger (from a Land Rover Freelander 2 Big Grin )
Custom (Homemade) glass fibre backbox
gti rear axle
40mm lowered at the front (to match the gti axle)
Lucas pump Puke

Got an 11mm bosch fuel pump to fit (hopefully this weekend) with lines and injectors

So thats about it Big Grin goes fairly well but cant get enough fuel into the engine with the lucas pump, too much smoke off boost and none on boost (at 22psi currently) think I have reached the limit of the XUD7 lucas pump (Im guessing its smaller than the XUD9 one?)

Currently the VGT is controlled with a bleed valve and wastgate actuator but hope to fit an electronic actuator and program a microcontroller (probably an Ardiuno or Raspberry Pi) to control it better in the future!

Cheers then Smile

[attachment=18949]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like youve got a nice little project there. Your in the right place for xud enthusiasts. Welcpme along
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
sounds like a great little project you have on the go.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum,nice looking 205 you have,Hello
Thanks given by:
Looks good!

I'm not sure on the fibre glass exhaust though, would've thought it'd just melt!?
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2014, 08:20 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Looks good!

I'm not sure on the fibre glass exhaust though, would've thought it'd just melt!?

Thanks everyone! What I meant is the exhaust has glass fibre packed around a perforated steel pipe, similar to a cherry bomb just homemade Smile The glass fibre is similar to exhaust heat wrap so is used to the temperatures Smile
Thanks given by:
nice project, welcome to the club . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile

Car looks sweet. You'd better get a project thread up and running! Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, seems like an epic little project you've got going on there! Strangely, considering i usually hate swallows with a passion (almost more than harriers! lol ), they really seem to work on your 205! As said above, get a project thread up, I'd love to see some more from this! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ConfusedConfusedConfused thank you for your sharing
Thanks given by:
Nice Clean car, with those upgrades (and those Planned)and with its Stock look, its a nice little Sleeper!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction and search for help with my 306 Cabrio ipeco85 7 2,075 23-08-2021, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Introduction Sue Hillman 7 1,881 23-07-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Sinbad
  Introduction Tonymorsink 0 929 10-05-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Tonymorsink