Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END
(17-09-2014, 10:29 AM)dt_ Wrote: Liking this car... Was watching this for ages aswell but ended up buying the one for sale in Kent. Really enjoying mine so far, zxs are a rare sight on the roads these days in any form let alone a volcane

Seem to be a few around on the fourms/Facebook pages, get some pics up of yours be nice to see it.

For any one bothered will be having a second attempt at fitting a bosch to this tomorrow hopefully I have more luck this time round.

Thanks given by:
what wait a second!! you still have this?! not sold it yet lol

you had plenty of luck the first time round.. just too paranoid about it but saying that if i wasnt prancing around a forest in lycra it would be on now Smile if you need anything give me a call ill answer this time haha
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 07:06 PM)ash23 Wrote: what wait a second!! you still have this?! not sold it yet lol

you had plenty of luck the first time round.. just too paranoid about it but saying that if i wasnt prancing around a forest in lycra it would be on now Smile if you need anything give me a call ill answer this time haha

Tongue not sold yet all tho it could be scrapped by end of tomorrow Wink and no worries no doubt I'll end up ringing you about something. I do have a spare 9mm tho just incase so it's definitely getting bosched weather it likes it or not Big Grin

Thanks given by:
So bit of an update, finally got 11mm bosch on, first time round I was worried/paranoid about in and out play on the shaft, so it went back on a lucus, so bought a 9mm pump as a back up, attempted it again, just my luck both pumps had vane pump issues wouldn't lift/pump the fuel, so ash to the rescue yet again stripped the pumps down finding out the 9mm was basically naffed! Anyway ash worked his magic, and brought me an 11mm pump this morning and it run but had a sticky injector, lucky I had one in shed and it's now up and running. Smoking like a trooper Tongue

[Image: DSC_1107_zpspnz8b74m.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1108_zpsabctuvam.jpg]

Fitted boost gauge and water temperature gauge neither are wired/plumbed in lol
[Image: DSC_1103_zpstnfmrfpe.jpg]

And this is nothing to do with car but my "d turbo" dog now has a nose still need to sort a mouth.

[Image: DSC_1105_zpsh8u6uhk6.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1106_zpsjtmcde7u.jpg]

Thats about it for now gonna turn boost up tomorrow and plumb boost gauge up then that's it, gonna focus on waiting for our baby to arrive Big Grin not long now!

Want to say a massive thank you to ash wouldn't have got no were with out him Thanks Big Grin

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
You'll be wanting a bigger turbo to go with that 11mm I reckon

Have you got a contingency plan for when a rod comes flying out the block?

Good progress Smile
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2014, 02:47 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: You'll be wanting a bigger turbo to go with that 11mm I reckon

Good progress Smile

No should I have a contingency? Undecided lol yer gt20 is on the cards just needed a bosch pump so made sense to upgrade so I don't have to keep stripping car down all time.

Thanks given by:
(19-09-2014, 02:57 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(19-09-2014, 02:47 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: You'll be wanting a bigger turbo to go with that 11mm I reckon

Good progress Smile

No should I have a contingency? Undecided lol yer gt20 is on the cards just needed a bosch pump so made sense to upgrade so I don't have to keep stripping car down all time.

No contingency now James has his rods!
Thanks given by:
There's various reason why I sold the rods main one being £350 is alot of money (that's what they sold for) and realising I'm not gonna be pushing big power when it's my "reliable" daily carnt go compound turboing it and doing 25,000mile a year. If the engine was to come to bits I'll stick some hdi rods in but hopefully I never have to strip it.

I've gotta face reality I have a baby coming very very soon, I don't think my time and money will be spent on the car that much, I'd rather spend my money on my wife and daughter............ That said I still want a gt20 and fmic on it lol

Thanks given by:
Worked out why I was coaling so much, I'd not tightened the intercooler hose to the intercooler up, now far less smoke lol

Thanks given by:
(20-09-2014, 11:32 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Worked out why I was coaling so much, I'd not tightened the intercooler hose to the intercooler up, now far less smoke lol
Yeah that would do it
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
What you need mate is a GTB20 Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2014, 11:59 AM)Piggy Wrote: What you need mate is a GTB20 Wink

You never no what bargains can be found, I'd only buy one if it was mega cheap Wink

Thanks given by:
you know where the rep button is chris Wink haha
started to like this more if you notice i haven't been calling it what it did when we fetched it lol

ill have to hurry up and the the 22 on the estate so you can have the gt20 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2014, 06:58 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: There's various reason why I sold the rods main one being £350 is alot of money (that's what they sold for) and realising I'm not gonna be pushing big power when it's my "reliable" daily carnt go compound turboing it and doing 25,000mile a year. If the engine was to come to bits I'll stick some hdi rods in but hopefully I never have to strip it.

I've gotta face reality I have a baby coming very very soon, I don't think my time and money will be spent on the car that much, I'd rather spend my money on my wife and daughter............ That said I still want a gt20 and fmic on it lol

I think you need a bit more money by selling me the arp head studs!
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2014, 03:09 PM)ash23 Wrote: you know where the rep button is chris Wink haha
started to like this more if you notice i haven't been calling it what it did when we fetched it lol

ill have to hurry up and the the 22 on the estate so you can have the gt20 Big Grin

Repped Wink and I have noticed but not said anything just incase it reminded you and you started again lol and you do or just sell me the manifold and gt22 setup for £5 Tongue

@Sam nah I'm keeping them even if I didn't fit them I'd keep them cos I'll only want some more for next car, teddy has some for sale tho if you've not seen them.

Thanks given by:
25k a year on deliveries? Must be a lot of people like Chinese round your way!
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2014, 03:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 25k a year on deliveries? Must be a lot of people like Chinese round your way!

It's not just deliverys do alot of mileage in day times, as Apprently it's cheaper if my missus let's me drive her around than her take her own car Undecided

Thanks given by:
Repped Wink and I have noticed but not said anything just incase it reminded you and you started again lol and you do or just sell me the manifold and gt22 setup for £5 Tongue

@Sam nah I'm keeping them even if I didn't fit them I'd keep them cos I'll only want some more for next car, teddy has some for sale tho if you've not seen them.
[/quote]

haha add a zero or two on that Wink just get a decent turbo and bodge a gbox pipe up lol
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna look see if I spot any more bargains, loving the car now it has boost again lol really quite nippy considering every thing is standard apart from pump Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Bit of an update,

Drove to oxford today picked a tow bar and hdi gearbox off Anton.

And this come this morning

[Image: DSC_1117_zpsdrircore.jpg]

Bit worried tho as i might struggle to get over 6psi and it might cost £800 to make fit Wink Tongue lol

Seriously though looks like it could be a pain with every thing on the cold side of turbo, only cost £40 so not gonna mess around will be welded to manifold and bodged on Wink

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
this not on yet ? Tongue

thats a cheap price were did you find that Wink
Thanks given by:
here i found you a fitting guide Big Grin

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-14999.html

and remeber to buy lots of aldi/lidl tools as they top anything you have
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2014, 06:30 PM)ash23 Wrote: this not on yet ? Tongue

thats a cheap price were did you find that Wink

Yer it's on..........

The kitchen table Tongue

And I searched ebay for days, weeks, years...... Oh wait no that didn't happen, you sent me link and I Bidded Wink

(23-09-2014, 06:40 PM)306Dan Wrote: here i found you a fitting guide Big Grin

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-14999.html

and remeber to buy lots of aldi/lidl tools as they top anything you have

I was gonna go tomorrow and see if I can get some quality tools Wink

Tbh I'm doing this all wrong I should have bought a scrap ko3 then blamed the whole foum for telling me that's the right turbo lol

Thanks given by:
This for sale yet?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2014, 06:58 PM)Tom Wrote: This for sale yet?

Everything is for sale if you have enough money Wink

Thanks given by:
Its not 3 door, otherwise Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
That a rover gt20?? From a petrol?
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2014, 07:34 PM)Jimbo Wrote: That a rover gt20?? From a petrol?

No saab but yer off a petrol, not ideal I no but for £40 will see how it goes Smile

Thanks given by:
Will be curious to see how you get on...turbo A/Rs for a petrol and all that
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2014, 08:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: Will be curious to see how you get on...turbo A/Rs for a petrol and all that

I've said about this in posts when puggy was having issues with his, and it was said that the hot side carnt be that much bigger, I've been searching the net but Carnt seem to find any air ratios for the hot side of this pacific turbo. Carnt be no worse than a td04 tho surely?

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx Volcane DT James 69 31,303 22-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: mr_fish
  Citroen zx volcane 3 door Chris_90 166 53,523 08-08-2019, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Baldwin
  Breaking 30-31 August. Citroen ZX Volcane DT Anton 82 27,552 30-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Anton