How do I remove this ac pipe?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I remove this ac pipe?
Been laid low with man flu. But want to get back on the car this weekend (oh permitting) and besides the lower brackets this is my main sticking point.

How do I remove and then refit the new ac pipe. I can't see how I get in there. Up under all the stuff next to the strut mount.

I've ordered a Haynes manual (I've got the pdf but prefer to read the paper version) but it won't arrive till next week. And if it's something simple maybe someone here know.......

Thanks in advance.

Genuine question....already spammed to 100 Rolleyes

[attachment=18777]
Thanks given by:
Then why not use the PDF Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I've always cut them to get them out, no idea how you'd get the new one in in situ! Haynes doesn't cover ac pipes does it?
Thanks given by:
Some info on this page http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-15875.html
Thanks given by:
I had to cut, bend, snap mine to get it out. I was binning off the ac so that wasnt a problem. Still a right pain to do though. I think the only way is going to be so lift the engine up out the way. So much stuff infront of it.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I changed both pipes and the condenser at the same time so I had to remove the front bumper, headlights and pull back the front slam panel to get room to get it all out. I fear you will have to do the same for the pipes anyway. Sad

I feel it's bit of a false economy not to change the condenser while you are at it unless its been done recently in the past, it's far cheaper than the pipes in the first place so in for a penny in for a pound.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2014, 03:36 PM)Ican Wrote: I changed both pipes and the condenser at the same time so I had to remove the front bumper, headlights and pull back the front slam panel to get room to get it all out. I fear you will have to do the same for the pipes anyway. Sad

I feel it's bit of a false economy not to change the condenser while you are at it unless its been done recently in the past, it's far cheaper than the pipes in the first place so in for a penny in for a pound.

I've got the radiator and condenser out. New nissens ones waiting to go in. Struggling with stripped bolts on pipes. But they will come off with right tool and or brute force. I Have 2 new pipes. And dryer But my main concern was how to actually get in there.

So does removing the bumper actually make a difference to getting in there? I'll need to look again when I'm back at the car. But I didn't think it would as it was so far back in the engine bay.

(04-09-2014, 12:26 PM)Ican Wrote: Some info on this page http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-15875.html
You know what I printed off your thread. And failed to read the last bunch of posts which clearly say bumper off!! Doh!

May leave till I'm back fighting fit.

But thank you for that thread and redirecting me to it.
Thanks given by:
Your welcome happy to help. Smile
Thanks given by:
Youll probably want to remove the whole front end. When i took out my AC i took the slam panel off, but be careful as the fan pack will want to fall out and the AC rad is kind of attached to them, when i took my panel off i let the fans fall out and half the rad crumbled into what looked like ash it was corroded that badly
Thanks given by: