Dj's blaze gti-6 project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dj's blaze gti-6 project
So I've introduced myself in the newbie section so thought I'd start a project thread to let anyone who might be interested know how it's getting on, and of course so I can ask for help when needed! My goal is to get along to a few track days, however I also need to drive an hour and back to work so can't really go balls out.
I bought the car with gmax suspension already fitted on the front, a cat back stainless exhaust from pugsport and a k&n induction kit. 74000 on the clock when purchased. So far I have fitted an upper strut brace and new uniroyal rainsports which I'm very impressed with. I also got a pair of Crystal headlights from a ph3 . I'm in possession of but yet to find the time to get fitted, front lower strut brace, hybrid anti roll bar and uprated gear linkage with short throw kit. Work is quieting down now so hopefully get a bit more spare time soon.
Plans for the near future are 're-trimming the door cards and prob the roof if all goes well. Getting the cyclones refurbed and powder coated a nice dark anthracite. Removing fogs and making a cold air feed. I'm also considering getting a re-map and would love to hear from anyone else with a near standard 6 who's had one.
Below are a few pics taken not long after I bought it [attachment=18772][attachment=18773][attachment=18774][attachment=18775]
Thanks given by:
Nice example there look forward to the progress in your project. ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Looks very tidy! Smile

Get the rear beam matched in height be my first priority! Is it me or is the NSF much lower than the OSF?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
After reading your post piggy I did check but no it must just be the picture. I havnt done the rear because I'm replacing the standard torsion bar with stiffer vts one in the next few weeks hopefully.
Thanks given by:
You talking about a cold air feed coming from a recess where the fog lights are/were?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Yeah mate

I'm hoping to get round to removing the fogs tomorrow. Also ordering a splitter from Peugeot and picking up a few cans of spray from halfords to tidy up a few bits. Material arrived today to retrim the doors but it looks awful! Like really garish Xmas paper lol. Gonna order some tan alacantra I think.
Thanks given by:
What a waste of a day off friday was. Wanted to get a few bits sprayed and of course it pissed down all day! Could really do with a garage or even a shed. So now I have spray to add to the boot along with my lower brace, gear linkage and hybrid arb. Could really do with a week off work to get it down to ecosse, has anyone dealt with them before? What like?
It wasn't a completely wasted day however, I did order some black cyclones as was gonna get mine done but I save a few quid getting a set already done plus they come with some decent toyo tyres so that saves me shelling out another 100+ for 2 more uniroyals which was gonna happen very soon. Also managed to stumble across a golf cabriolet at the scrappys with silver dials ( my mate has a silver mk3 golf gti) which was good for him at least. Going to take the 6 to crail raceway week on Sunday for the German invasion day, just to stir things up a bit! Lol
Thanks given by:
Was beautiful weather all day here Friday! Re: the cold air feed are these prefabricated that you can buy of are you custom making one?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Where bouts in the country are you? I'm up in (not so) sunny Scotland. I'm gonna get a trumpet for the fog light gap and I only need a small length of ducting as my filter is nice and low down almost next to the fog light already.

[attachment=18818]
Thanks given by:
My black cyclones arrived today and I am really happy with them, the tyres make a big difference to how the car drives, more sensitive. Looking forward to Sunday at crail.[attachment=18929][attachment=18930]

[attachment=18931]
Thanks given by:
Off to Crail in the morning and was just curious if some of you guys had ran your gti-6 up the quarter mile and what kinda time you got? I've only got pugsport exhaust and k&n induction kit so engine wise it's pretty standard.
Thanks given by:
Well back from Crail and I can't help but feel a bit disappointed, my fastest run was 16.1 I wasn't sure what I expected to run but I guess it was less than 16. Any tips or advice on how to improve would be appreciated. I know I def need to get uprated gear linkage with short shift fitted asap and I'm thinking a lsd would prob be a big help.

[attachment=19026]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My 306 D TURBO Ph2 Blaze Yellow PROJECT D Turbo Lyle 34 18,179 18-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Last Post: JethroJay
  Project Geordie Blaze D-Turbo Dean 12 3,665 23-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Dean
  My 5Door Blaze DTurbo Project studturbo 217 59,359 08-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Last Post: karl1989