Anyone de-airdoser'd their HDI?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone de-airdoser'd their HDI?
Has anyone removed the air doser from the late HDIs? I have a spare older inlet elbow without the air doser and was wondering if it was worth swapping to remove the air doser. Already have an EGR blank.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
i removed my inlet elbow to fit my boost gauge take off and at the same time i removed the butterfly part of the air doser, but i havent notched any difference , so its probably not worth swapping over. (im not sure whether the non air doser inlet elbow flows better)

it is worth cleaning the sooty crap out of one of them tho
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
Doubt it'll be noticeable on a standard/stage 1 but yes it will restrict flow a tiny bit. Its not doing much if you've disconnected the vac lines to it though.

So basically, if you're removing it anyway to tap for a boost guage them may as well change it, if you wouldn't otherwise have been removing it then it's not worth the hassle...
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. The inlet gasket is leaking in the usual place so I might just swap it if I've got to take the old one off to swap the gasket and can clean it up.. Do they elbows come off easily in situ? The other one I took off an engine that was already out of the car.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
i couldn't get to the clips holding mine on so gave up
i tapped the elbow in situ with the elbow unbolted from the manafold and stuffed with rag so i could stop swarf falling back into the turbo
Thanks given by:
You can take it off in situ, but it's a royal bastard of a job.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hmm might just leave it be then.. Or wait until I have to take the engine out one day!

Cheers
Thanks given by: