pain in the arse!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pain in the arse!
guess what happened today!
the egg beater broke down, the looks like the fuel pump in the tank has bit the dust :evil: So I have two cars and not one is working or in driveable!
going to be fun trying to sort a MPI fuel pump for the Rover Metro.
Not one person at the bus stop gave me a hand to push it! so I may have took the life out my starter and clutch! I nearly said thanks for the help people! But then again it was seaham where I broke down.
Here is me little egg beater parked up waiting for the AA,

[Image: 2014-08-21152056_zpse1d90224.jpg]

the 306 has a f*cked wheel bearing and so that's not drivable, but got the parts for it. Just had to wait till I got paid.
so feel free to laugh TongueP
Thanks given by:
Can you not just use a generic in tank fuel pump?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 04:50 PM)Grant Wrote: Can you not just use a generic in tank fuel pump?

I may look into that grant, if I cannot get hold of a replacement one, I have seen that these are the same as the classic MPi mini, but I will have to check that out further. As I am not going to pay £££ for a part that isn't any good.
Thanks given by:
Guess they're not shared with any other 90's injection Rover that's more common? Rover 200/25 or something?

Sounds about right with no one bothering to help too... Sad
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 05:02 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: Guess they're not shared with any other 90's injection Rover that's more common? Rover 200/25 or something?

Sounds about right with no one bothering to help too... Sad

there has been a few rumours years ago, that the R200 and cosworth had the same fuel pump, but that was never proven,
That was going back when people used to convert the Spi metros to mpi.

I broke down just on the rounder about too! luckly the car behind say me having a problem and put his hazards on to let me make an attempt to get out of the way.
What happened to helping people out etc?
Thanks given by:
Well, out of a Metro or HDi, I wouldn't have guessed the Metro would be the first with tank pump failure. Tongue

As for helping people out, 90% people are lady gardens. Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 05:19 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well, out of a Metro or HDi, I wouldn't have guessed the Metro would be the first with tank pump failure. Tongue

As for helping people out, 90% people are lady gardens. Dodgy

Tom they don't really go on these tbh, I can get the fuel pumps for the R200 and 800 but not for the metros, And these are from the same year/ era!
Laugh is tom a fuel pump change on a HDI is easy to do, as we have the access, on the metros I am going to have to drop the tank. No way am I cutting a access in this car. Plus I don't mind dropping the tank, its the getting hold of a replacement that's the bother.
Thanks given by:
Good job you like working on Metro's then! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I don't know Metro's or Rover's in general, but is it not just a case of the housing being unique and the pump itself you can adapt/fit from various models and/or a generic fit part like a Walbro? That's often the case with other manufacturers anyway in my experience, hence my ponderings about a Rover 200 unit being compatible.

Pain having to drop the tank to swap it though, particularly if as sods law dictates you've got a nearly full tank!

Replacement wheel bearing on the 306 sounds like the quickest route to getting back on the road.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 05:32 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: I don't know Metro's or Rover's in general, but is it not just a case of the housing being unique and the pump itself you can adapt/fit from various models and/or a generic fit part like a Walbro? That's often the case with other manufacturers anyway in my experience, hence my ponderings about a Rover 200 unit being compatible.

Pain having to drop the tank to swap it though, particularly if as sods law dictates you've got a nearly full tank!

Replacement wheel bearing on the 306 sounds like the quickest route to getting back on the road.

funny enough you mentioning that, about the walbro. one of the metro lads put one in, as I looked it up, So its a case of having a bit of a fiddle with a nail file or something to get it to fit in properly.
I have the bits for the 306 so I am going to put that back on the road, as the fuel pump is going to be fun to do.
cheers for the idea,
Thanks given by:
Walbro list a pump for MPi metro / 100. Seems pretty specific as the part number isn't listed for any other vehicle.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 09:16 AM)PartyJas Wrote: Walbro list a pump for MPi metro / 100. Seems pretty specific as the part number isn't listed for any other vehicle.

looks like I will have buy a pump from them, it maybe a walbro pump. I am going to take the advantage of fitting a uprated one.
Thanks given by:
As a guide i can supply the walbro pump for £47.00 inc vat.

(22-08-2014, 01:56 PM)procta Wrote:
(22-08-2014, 09:16 AM)PartyJas Wrote: Walbro list a pump for MPi metro / 100. Seems pretty specific as the part number isn't listed for any other vehicle.

looks like I will have buy a pump from them, it maybe a walbro pump. I am going to take the advantage of fitting a uprated one.

Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 02:05 PM)PartyJas Wrote: As a guide i can supply the walbro pump for £47.00 inc vat.

(22-08-2014, 01:56 PM)procta Wrote:

I will get back to you on that, as I am looking at uprating it, as I think my engine may have killed the Mpi pump.
Thanks given by:
(22-08-2014, 02:13 PM)procta Wrote:
(22-08-2014, 02:05 PM)PartyJas Wrote: As a guide i can supply the walbro pump for £47.00 inc vat.

(22-08-2014, 01:56 PM)procta Wrote: looks like I will have buy a pump from them, it maybe a walbro pump. I am going to take the advantage of fitting a uprated one.

I will get back to you on that, as I am looking at uprating it, as I think my engine may have killed the Mpi pump.

I think the Walbro pumps are slightly uprated from standard. 180 litres per hour max flow. 126 litres per hour at 3 bar.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Bollocks, Bugger, Arse and f*ck!!!!! Dum-Dum 118 35,435 29-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Goodwood Racing - Made My Arse Twitch bigcheez2k3 1 1,407 08-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Hit another bollard! - ARSE Dum-Dum 41 12,925 23-10-2013, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Piggy