Bollocks, Bugger, Arse and f*ck!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bollocks, Bugger, Arse and f*ck!!!!!
Exclamation 
So the rallye is a write off.

Drove through some shallow flood water and the rallye conked out, tried to restart but wouldn't, felt very 'heavy' as it tried to turn over so assume hydrolocked. Was the 4th bit of kerb deep water I'd been through on my way to work but obviously caught it funny, possibly the wash from a car going the opposite direction just made it too deep for the poor rallye.

Anyway the water kept rising and rising and by the time the fire brigade got there and winched me out it was very near the top of the front tyres and covering the seat bases inside the car. My side repeaters even have water in. Car is ruined, electrics have gone stupid, it's soaked inside and the engine is gonna be scrap most likely.

My pictures were taken after I'd called the AA and work, it genuinely was only just over kerb/sill depth when I went in. Also I'll point out I was the first one to get stuck, the BMW and the Clio saw that I was stuck and decided to have a go anyway so I'm not the biggest idiot of the day.

Made the local press (and BBC London) http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/news/136279...?ref=fbshr

Thanks given by:
Fkn pish matey, gutted for ya

Did you recover it or did they?
Where is it? It's still your car! Doesn't matter if they pay out or not, think house insurance? They dont take your home if you claim it do they? If they recovered it Your buggered!
Thanks given by:
It's waiting for the insurance to go and get it. They did say they'd do it that day but it was still there at 11pm. I assume they had a big demand yesterday.
Thanks given by:
Go get it before they do!
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 12:22 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Go get it before they do!

Why, its only worth scrap value?
Thanks given by:
If the police enforce recovery on you before you can recover it to your place of choice "your car remember" you can make them bring it back from where they took it to and threaten them with legals if they start being a bit wanky over it! So long as you didn't agree to the insurance or cops recovering it on your behalf! Soz if your a cop but that's the law! Up here at least!

I'll give you scrap value for it £100 as would many other members on here too I'm sure!

(26-08-2015, 08:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: Mrs Piggy tried to float in our ph1 XRDT (the green turd). It stopped the engine.
Towed her out, tore interior out that day and dried it, took inlet all off and emptied, took glow plugs out and span it over.
Put it all back together and it did another 40k miles before i broke it for spares and it lived on

See!
Thanks given by:
I told the insurance to get it, it'll cost £100 to get it recovered to mine and everything you have said about the police removing it is wrong.
Thanks given by:
Oh Chris! The forums unluckiest man.

If I can do anything to assist give me a shout... Not that there's much that can be done!
Thanks given by:
thatll be fine, just dry it out.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I would be keen if I were you to get it back, surely!? Strip it, wet vac it and dry.
Take plugs out and spin it over, see if she'll start.

If she does start pal, you know you'll keep up with it! ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wetvac it? You know it'll be full of Londoners shit now.... Confused Interior is beyond saving. Would think the shell is worth something though?

What filter do you run Chris? Standard or higher cone? I've driven through several floods over the skirts in 306s over the years! Even took the '6 through some with a dangling RamAir lol BUT got a very wet filter taking it through with the standard airbox!
Thanks given by:
Bmw drivers logic.
"Oh that crappy french car has gotten stuck, good thing i have a rwd reliable german ca..oh wait whats going on...whys it stopping? I better just turn the engine off and on again"
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Just out of interest - where/what intake setup were you using? OEM?

Also, is this being broken for spares? as bush would love some of those parts /vulture
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Be fine as others have said, just dry it out.

Worst case scenario you might have bent something inside the motor, but it probably needed a new one anyway...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
You lot are mad, "dry it out" after its been in London flood water where the manholes were lifting? That water will be full of sewage and drying it out wont get the poo particles out of it. Its unsanitary and I'm about to go and bin the trousers and shoes I was wearing yesterday. That car will never be clean again.
Thanks given by:
Poor excuse for a man giving up on a black rallye.

Shame on you
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Try and save it, the shit smell will add character.

Worst case it doesnt work and you scrap/sell the shell
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 12:49 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I told the insurance to get it, it'll cost £100 to get it recovered to mine and everything you have said about the police removing it is wrong.

Hi Chris, XUDLINGO's dad is my mechanic and recently told me that his wife was in a bump and the police/insurance company recovered the car without his permission to their yard and then hit him with a charge for doing so,
He refused to pay it and told them that they had no right to take it as it Was not causing any obstruction to traffic etc after a couple of phone all's to the cop in charge the car was promptly delivered to his address and all recovery fees were scrapped!
2nd hand information I know but that's what I got told and I have no reason to doubt I'm!
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 08:00 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You lot are mad, "dry it out" after its been in London flood water where the manholes were lifting? That water will be full of sewage and drying it out wont get the poo particles out of it. Its unsanitary and I'm about to go and bin the trousers and shoes I was wearing yesterday. That car will never be clean again.

I'd be getting the pressure washer out in it, you can't make it worse than it is! Rip up the carpets, seats out, foam out... Nothing else in the car is absorbent... Then pressure wash it out as a bare shell... OK I'd write off the carpets and seats, but it's some metal and hard plastics otherwise...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Track it Smile
Thanks given by:
Is it possible to find out which scrappy it goes to?
Thanks given by:
(27-08-2015, 08:30 AM)Redordead89 Wrote:
(27-08-2015, 12:49 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I told the insurance to get it, it'll cost £100 to get it recovered to mine and everything you have said about the police removing it is wrong.

Hi Chris, XUDLINGO's dad is my mechanic and recently told me that his wife was in a bump and the police/insurance company recovered the car without his permission to their yard and then hit him with a charge for doing so,
He refused to pay it and told them that they had no right to take it as it Was not causing any obstruction to traffic etc after a couple of phone all's to the cop in charge the car was promptly delivered to his address and all recovery fees were scrapped!
2nd hand information I know but that's what I got told and I have no reason to doubt I'm!

Chris is the police so I'd say he knows what he is talking about.
Thanks given by:
Chris don't put a Rallye over the weighbridge over a bit of water... Remove carpets + seats, either fully wet clean, or just replace....as for engine, its quite likely if you get on it soon it may be fine if you motor the water out of it.... you hardly hit the water at 6krpm!

Either that or tell lorry driver to dump it here and I will!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
[/quote]

Chris is the police so I'd say he knows what he is talking about.
[/quote]
Fair enough just trying to help a dude get his car back! If he wants it that is!
I'd take the £100 delivered to you option and either do as the lads suggested or let them all fight for the bits! In a ring with gloves of course!
Thanks given by:
Deserves you right for being a dum f-ck to be honest.  Rofl
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
what a fuckin nightmare that is dum dum! Why don't you just get the car recovered back to yours, whip the interior out and give it a f*ck off wet vac and a good clean, electrics, just get hold of another 306 loom for it, a long with a replacement engine. You have broke a fare few since i known you on here, so sorting this car out will be a doddle to you!
Thanks given by:
electrics will be fine dried out, not like its a merc with a folding hard top, like my mate has rescued.

SL55, flooded when river rose last year, 6 dead modules and 5 dead motors in one seat, carpets wetvacced, dehumidifier in it for two months.

right as rain as they say Big Grin

not like parts are hard to find, bin the carpet and wash everything else.

TRACKRALLYE!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I'm really struggling with what planet you lot are on. Yes I'd make some money breaking it but we're talking wheels brakes, suspension and body pannels.

As for putting it back on the road if I had got it out before the whole car got soaked and the electrics went stupid then yes I would just be throwing a new engine in and away we go however not knowing where the water has got into the electrics presents a problem that could mean an entire replacement loom which is a dash out job. All the interior needs stripping of anything absorbent and then washing out and draining (and that'll include the doors) and then there's the replacement engine to do too.

Even if I only put it back together with a pair of buckets and a stripped interior that would take me a solid week of working on it there is the best part of a grand needing spending on parts and having it recovered to mine, I don't have a wet vac, I don't have an engine crane, I don't have a pressure washer and I don't have a spare car to go and pick up parts with. IT IS NOT AN ECONOMICAL REPAIR!!!

This is what you pay insurance for. They'll pay out and with the money I'll just be able to go and buy another rallye!

Rallye on ebay at the moment, £3500 and in similar nick to mine
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-RA...235641f2e5
Thanks given by:
Fair doooz!
Thanks given by:
So it was an insurance scam to begin with.

Well played...

Well played indeed.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oh bugger dog house tonight cully 10 3,115 14-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  pain in the arse! procta 14 4,188 22-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Last Post: PartyJas
  Goodwood Racing - Made My Arse Twitch bigcheez2k3 1 1,401 08-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Chris_90