Gauges for d turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gauges for d turbo
Got a few question on gauge. Im thinking about fitting some more gauges in my d turbo. I have already got a boost gauge. I have been thinking about what gauges are worth getting, I have been thinking of going for oil temp and pressure and EGT. Are these good choices to go for?

Also then I come on to the question which make gauges to go for? I don't want real cheap 1s or mega expensive 1s but at the end of the day I want them to do there job. From what I have read it is better to go for the more expensive 1s especially for a EGT gauge. I don't like to say a definite amount I want to spend but around £30 per gauge. Also as I would be fitting them where the stereo would usually be I would ideally what them to all be the same make so it looks a bit better/smarter.

I like the look of these gauges
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OIL-PRESSURE-G...3a83163cf3

Any help/input would be ideal cheers
Thanks given by:
Anyone got any advice on this? Need to get some gauges ordered up soon
Thanks given by:
Id have all them gauges I've never had a egt gauge if its coaling ole mad you have too much egt lol

I have oil pressure temp and boost always gone auto gauge not mega expensive but decent gauges seem to be accurate stay away from anything Digital imo
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers
Thanks given by:
you want your egt guage to be the most expensive you can afford ideally, a nice quick reacting egt is a real nice addition.

ive gone a bit overkill on mine, i have:

Boost
Oil pressure
Oil temp
Water temp
Volts
internal pump pressure (useful for tuning)
EGT

I try to use racetech gauges, very accurate and not over the top expensive
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 11:25 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: you want your egt guage to be the most expensive you can afford ideally, a nice quick reacting egt is a real nice addition.

ive gone a bit overkill on mine, i have:

Boost
Oil pressure
Oil temp
Water temp
Volts
internal pump pressure (useful for tuning)
EGT

I try to use racetech gauges, very accurate and not over the top expensive

Cheers, where the hell are you going to fit all them gauges lol
Thanks given by:
ive got 3 in the radio slot, 2 in pods on top of dash and 2 where the ashtray used to be haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cable tied to the dash? -.-
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 11:37 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ive got 3 in the radio slot, 2 in pods on top of dash and 2 where the ashtray used to be haha

What have you used for the 1s in the radio slot?

I brought 1 of the things off eBay but I'm not that impressed with the fit of it
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 12:47 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 11:37 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ive got 3 in the radio slot, 2 in pods on top of dash and 2 where the ashtray used to be haha

What have you used for the 1s in the radio slot?

I brought 1 of the things off eBay but I'm not that impressed with the fit of it

erm m not sure where its from. its rickys old car and it was in there when i bought it. fits well though, nicely staggered so i can see all 3 gauges clearly
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
This is the 1 I got but it just doesn't seem to fit securely as it doesn't clip in very well where the centre dash bolts up. I don't know if it will be better when the gauge are in it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271093967570?s...1497.l2649
Thanks given by:
that looks the same as mine, must be hit or miss with them as this one fits fine :/
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 12:11 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: that looks the same as mine, must be hit or miss with them as this one fits fine :/

I have modified mine a bit and it now fits better Smile
Thanks given by:
I use stack mate, very good but pritty steep on price, think the boost gauge was £60odd
Thanks given by:
I went for these in the end.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271081889092?s...1497.l2649
Thanks given by:
+1 for Autogauge on a budget, stack if you can afford it / know how to pull a brummy's leg.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
quick hijack Smile were do you run the oil temp/press from?
Thanks given by:
Normally from the oil plate
Thanks given by:
Sandwich plate that's bolts between the oil cooler and oil filter. About £15/20 off eBay
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boost gauges & various other gauges Stevo-trendy 4 1,131 01-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Tom